Private/Independant schools in Cambridgeshire

(5 Posts)
kitkat37 Wed 13-Apr-16 11:48:00

Any recommendations on private (primary) schools in Cambridge/Suffolk area? My son is 4 and we're looking at a few around Cambridge/ Newmarket. We live in a village outside Cambridge, so we and trying to find one that you don't get stuck in traffic and that doesn't take too long to get too!! We're considering St John's. But does anyone commute from Cambridge to King's Ely? How long does it take you? Thanks

KubiksRube Fri 06-May-16 09:26:37

My child went to St John's, which he really enjoyed, he left last year to go to "big" school. There were children from Newmarket who came in on the school bus, and some children board happily in the last year to focus on the CE. Boarding is luxurious at that school. It is a lovely, sweet and thoughtful school with lots of great sports for every taste including rowing, squash and golf. I do not know much about other Cambridge independents, but some people say St Faiths is also a nice school. Hope it all goes well and that you find something nice!

HereIAm20 Wed 01-Jun-16 20:42:17

Where abouts are you (village outside Cambridge) so I can gove a rough idea of commute to King's Ely

NeverKnowinglyUnderstoodinCamb Thu 02-Jun-16 11:41:53

I commute to kings from a village between Newmarket and Cambridge and it is v v predicatable max 30-35 mins. Mostly 25

MrsGrowbag Sun 03-Jul-16 05:23:14

One of my friends sent her dc to Clare College in Stoke By Clare. They loved it there. If you live on the Newmarket or Haverhill side of Cambridge then it would be an easy drive. I think there's also a school bus that runs from Cambridge to the school but don't know the route.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now