Cambridge News Request

(6 Posts)
LocalEditorCambridge Fri 29-Apr-16 19:41:29

I've received an email from Cambridge News (copied below). If you have any comments to make feel free to reply via this thread (or directly if you prefer)

I wondered if you could help me with a story I’m writing about street clutter?

A couple are complaining there is too much street clutter on Hills Road, Cambridge. Namely A-boards and street furniture.

The woman is blind and a few years ago had a new miss when an A-board in the way force her guide dog to stop and she fell into the road and sprained her ankle.

Is this a problem in your experience for mums with prams? Do they find the pavements tricky when pushing prams? Should more to be done to tackle the problem?

I have asked others to comment too so would be great to get your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Freya Leng
Senior Reporter
Cambridge News

Lovewalking Sun 01-May-16 08:32:27

No sexism here then Cambridge News. Just 'mums' with prams hmm

ChestertonCharley Tue 03-May-16 14:07:22

Well said Lovewalking

Bins left out 24/7 in terraced streets
Inconsiderately parked cars

LocalEditorCambridge Tue 03-May-16 19:42:58

thank you

joden Wed 04-May-16 22:11:13

what about wheelchairs!? carers of people in wheelchairs, mums off children in wheelchairs? its even harder to get them around the boards etc

J Heal

KubiksRube Fri 06-May-16 09:39:02

Being a wheelchair user in Cambridge are a painful nightmare. There are not enough dropped curbs and access to shops is appalling. Also, due to the fact that cycling infrastructure lags ten years behind need and demand, parked cycles everywhere curtail wheelchair access to progress along pavements. I assume all of this also applies to pushchair users. I say ban cars in central Cambridge and convert roads to cycle and wheelchair/pushchair lanes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now