Linton Heights Junior

(6 Posts)
workshyfop Tue 10-May-16 20:01:13

Does anyone have current/recent experience of Linton Heights Junior school? Relocating to Linton over the summer and DS would likely go into Year 3 there in September but have heard it's not that great. DS is academic and needs to be stretched. How do they do with more able pupils?

workshyfop Wed 11-May-16 19:30:38

niminypiminy Thu 12-May-16 17:00:34

One of my children is joining Linton Heights. When I went to visit I was very impressed with the school. I wouldn't listen to rumours if I were you. Go and visit and judge for yourself.

workshyfop Thu 12-May-16 19:20:43

Thanks niminy I will go and visit. Just wanted to hear others experiences of the school too.

T00tlesthetaxi Thu 26-May-16 11:07:49

The school has a very ambitious head - determined to improve the Ofsted score. But the main attention is focussed on overall performance - from what I have seen the more able pupils are badly let down. If they finish work early they are just told "to read it again and check it", there was very little work that stretched them (they were indeed often given separate worksheets but not of a high enough standard). There was a massive push on reading skills and therefore it was easy for the teachers to allow more able children to tune out of the lesson and read their books.

workshyfop Mon 30-May-16 10:29:00

Thanks T00tles. That's useful info. Something to question them on when I visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now