Can anyone recommend any summer holiday clubs?

(15 Posts)
PippaFawcett Tue 24-May-16 21:49:40

I need full time care for two DC - one is only 4 (five in September) so it needs to accommodate her. I have found Barracudas which is run at St Faiths which looks good but our DC wouldn't be together which is a shame.

Any recommendations?

GirtonGirl Tue 24-May-16 22:20:09

Hi Pippa
Might not be convenient, depending on where you live, but 'Smartkidz play and learn' provide the childcare at Girton Glebe School and will be open all 6 weeks of the school holidays. Children don't need to go to Girton Glebe to go there.
They take children from 4 up and your DC would be together. They organise lots of fun activities, plus have lots of outside space to play in including doing lots of forest school type things. My DD really enjoys it.
You can find them on Facebook.

PippaFawcett Tue 24-May-16 22:26:55

Thanks Girton, I will look them up on Facebook. Girton isn't ideal but I could get there and the traffic is always better in the summer and I would like them to be together.

Tingalingle Wed 25-May-16 09:10:32

Which side of town are you? I've occasionally used this one at Babraham Science Park (though it was years ago!)

PippaFawcett Wed 25-May-16 10:19:39

We are west Cambridge so that would be too far, but thanks anyway.

GirtonGirl Wed 25-May-16 21:59:12

It would also be worth checking what is on offer in terms of holiday clubs at all of the primary schools near you.

PippaFawcett Wed 25-May-16 22:24:57

Good idea, I need to remember to do that when they are open.

ChestertonCharley Fri 27-May-16 12:59:01

Cambridge Kids Club (more than one location) and Care Clubs Caldecote get my boys' votes.

Scholes34 Sun 12-Jun-16 21:12:24

I always found the University Playscheme good. DS2 even spent one summer there having broken his collarbone (at home, not at the playscheme, and it caused no problems for them. They looked after him very well and he didn't feel left out. Children have the opportunity to join in group activities, or to make their own decisions on what they want to do. The workers are very enthusiastic. Not the cheapest option, but my DC loved going.

howdymum Sun 12-Jun-16 21:21:19

Has anyone tried the Cambridge Gymnastics Academy camps?

NewtoCambridge Sun 19-Jun-16 16:25:36

I've used Kings Camps, last year it was at the Leys, this year will be at Pearse, so don't know what difference that will make. Also used Barracuda, as a parent I found Barrucuda's better organised, but DD was happier at Kings Camp, so we're sticking with that one.

GirtonGirl Mon 20-Jun-16 12:46:19

My DD goes to Cambridge Gymnastics Academy and has done a few half day camps, and really enjoyed them.
This summer is the first time they will be doing FULL days for childcare, as previously they were only 9-4 (I think).
Should be good fun if your DC like gymnastics. I think they play games & do a craft also.

PippaFawcett Mon 20-Jun-16 16:33:09

Just had a look at the Cambridge Gymnastics Academy website but it is awful to find out the right info about the summer clubs. The DC have never done gymnastics but I think they would both like it, I might give them a ring when I get a chance.

GirtonGirl Tue 21-Jun-16 06:52:24

Hi Pippa, they have a new website but the old one still seems to be there too and out of date. You need

PippaFawcett Tue 21-Jun-16 10:47:03

Thanks Girton, that is the one I was looking at. I think perhaps the content needs work as it isn't clear to me, as a newcomer to Cambridge Gymnastics, who can attend/level of experience required/format of the day/sibling discounts/age groups etc, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now