St Philips primary

(5 Posts)
Sadiedog Sat 11-Jun-16 16:03:59

Anyone with children at St Philips, how "religious" is the school? I realise that this is a silly question as it's C of E, so it's religious by definition, but is Christianity an overwhelming aspect of school life or is the religious education balanced and not indoctrinating? We'll be applying for sept 17 entry and it's our catchment school but as a non-religious family I am concerned about this. Apparently the head has left so this may change things anyway? (anyone know what's happening with this too?)

northofcambridge Sun 12-Jun-16 08:07:50

have a friend whose DC goes there and they are not religious at all - very happy with school. Don't know what is happening with head. To be honest given the the pressure on school places you may not have a massive choice

Reetabiscuiteater Sun 12-Jun-16 12:44:09

St Philips is a fabulous school. Three out of my four have either been through the school or are still there. They celebrate all faiths and are a welcoming school. We live round the corner so didn't really have a choice but would have chosen them. We are currently waiting for a new head teacher as the previous head has moved on to a smaller school before she retires.

Sadiedog Sun 12-Jun-16 22:19:45

That's good to hear thanks! I'd like to send my kids to the catchment school, going by previous years I think our choice would be st p's or abbey meadows, which is just a bit further than I'd like and would seem a shame as we couldn't get that much closer to the St Philips gate!

MrsLark Mon 13-Jun-16 14:20:53

We love it too. One of mine left last year to go to secondary and 1 of my others will start in September. It's a lovely school. They do celebrate lots of other religions and cultures. We were lucky to get in this year as it seems it's getting harder and harder to get in. I love that's it's a small school too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now