Moving to Cambridge

(9 Posts)
col23 Wed 13-Jul-16 13:14:52

Myself an my husband are looking at relocating to Cambridge if all goes to plan he will be working in the Huntington area . Just wondered if anyone could give us some advice on where to live that is local . We have a car so it's not an issue travelling to his work place . Hope to hear to some feed back soon thank you 😀

Catherine26 Wed 13-Jul-16 16:24:24

Is it just you and your dh or any children?

col23 Wed 13-Jul-16 17:08:35

It's just me an my husband for now . We are going threw adoption x

cammel Wed 13-Jul-16 17:58:41

The traffic is hideous, so don't assume that commuting won't be an issue. I'd look at St Ives if I worked in that direction.

Catherine26 Wed 13-Jul-16 18:20:21

Is it definitely Cambridge the city? There's a lot of nice villages in and around it. We used to live in Kings hedges and then moved out with our two kids. My husband commuted from saffron walden and he didn't find the traffic too bad as he was going out but the a14 is nice. Do you work in Cambridge? Or if it's just your dh and he's in Huntingdon st Neots is nice, Linton is nice but that's an increase in travel time. Histon and impington are lovely depending on budget as is waterbeach and Milton.

col23 Wed 13-Jul-16 21:21:59

Oh thank you so much . He will be working in Huntington so we don't mind where we live as long as it nice really ..., I don't work at the min but will prob look for a job when we move up . X

cammel Thu 14-Jul-16 10:48:03

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but Milton used to smell horrible at times due to the sewage works.

northofcambridge Fri 15-Jul-16 09:17:21

I would look near Huntington - St Ives is v nice as are village around Huntington - couple of friends live in Brampton and v happy - good school etc.

col23 Fri 15-Jul-16 10:55:20

Thank you will look at them all thank you for all your help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now