Why are houses cheaper in Hardwick

(7 Posts)
jsp56 Sun 07-Aug-16 13:50:16

Hi,

I've been visiting family who are in a B&B in Hardwick and I noticed that large houses with large gardens seem to be much cheaper there. The mobile phone coverage is really poor there, but otherwise it seems a nice place. I wondered if anyone might know why it is cheaper?

Thanks!

dinosaursdontwhine Sun 07-Aug-16 15:54:01

Cheaper than where?

jaynebxl Sun 07-Aug-16 22:08:49

Probably because it's quite a way out of Cambridge and not an easy commute because of traffic. Less desirable than the city or closer villages I would think.

mynameisnt Mon 08-Aug-16 09:34:08

Just had a look and I wouldn't say they are that much cheaper than town. I rather like the £3.5 million one grin

orchardy Mon 08-Aug-16 20:17:59

I think it's not 'pretty' in the way some other West Cambridge villages are. And I haven't heard great things about the primary school. But I may have out of date information..

ChestertonCharley Tue 09-Aug-16 14:06:38

Agree it's not pretty, but it has a pub and shop/post office. The commute is easy by bike, and I have friends with children there who are very happy with the school.

PippaFawcett Sun 04-Sep-16 23:27:12

Hardwick is nice though isn't it? I suppose it lacks the pretty centre like somewhere like Histon has but we have friends there who are very happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now