Diving (spring board/ platform type) lessons

(11 Posts)
TicTacToe20 Sat 20-Aug-16 15:47:02

My 9 year old would like to try diving. Is Parkside the only venue or is there somewhere out of town?

PippaFawcett Sat 20-Aug-16 22:53:43

I don't know of anywhere else, can you try it there?

Happ1ness Sun 21-Aug-16 17:50:53

Have been looking into it for my daughter (8) and I can only see Parkside.

orchardy Wed 24-Aug-16 19:57:47

I think there's only Parkside locally, but if it's good enough for Dan Goodfellow...

TicTacToe20 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:37:01

Stop Press, I have been given heads up there are free taster sessions at Parkside this Saturday. How exciting.

Happ1ness Tue 30-Aug-16 23:34:45

I've booked DD in for a taster session in September, then on to the waiting list if she likes it, no idea how long it is.

PippaFawcett Thu 13-Oct-16 22:03:40

Happ1ness, does your DD dive now? How was the taster and is she still on the waiting list?

TicTacToe20 Thu 13-Oct-16 22:25:34

My 2 got a spot very quickly I couldn't believe it. So far so good, very dedicated staff/ volunteers who know their stuff. They love it. Parking in Queen Anne car park fine at that time of evening, which was another concern because it was not designed for big family cars. Also wondered if travelling in town in the evenings would be terrible but even that is okay. (sample size of 2 trips so let's see how we survive diving in winter)

PippaFawcett Thu 13-Oct-16 22:32:08

Thanks TicTac. I will see if mine can try a taster, it looks like fun and good to get them on it while they are young and fearless!

Happ1ness Fri 14-Oct-16 18:00:04

DD is now on the waiting list at Parkside but have been told it would be a 6 month wait! The taster was good, some of the little ones there jumping from the nigh board were amazing!

So your 2 got in to Parkside straight away TicTacToe20?

TicTacToe20 Fri 14-Oct-16 18:43:25

I had been told it was a 6 month wait so it was a huge surprise, there do seem to be 3 groups within each session so maybe they have managed to recruit more volunteers? I like that they are made to repeat until it is right. I think it is more a case of waiting until absolute beginners move out of beginners group rather than having to wait for some to give up. I therefore think waiting list clears in bulk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now