King Slocombe Ballet School

(9 Posts)
PippaFawcett Sat 10-Sep-16 17:09:55

Has anyone got any experience of this dance school? DD wants to start ballet and this one seems to have a class at a convenient time.

chintonroad Sat 10-Sep-16 22:05:02

Not that one but my dds both had a trial lesson this morning with developpeacademyofdance.co.uk. The website is somewhat misleading as at the moment we discovered she has fewer than ten pupils... This means kids get plenty of attention though! So if you're in the south and looking for Saturdays, she's worth a look. We're going to sign up anyway and see how the numbers grow.

PippaFawcett Sat 10-Sep-16 22:10:52

Thanks Chinton but she definitely wants to do ballet. I did wonder about Bodyworks though as that seems to have a good reputation.

chintonroad Sat 10-Sep-16 22:12:16

I should have said - this lady is an RAD ballet teacher. Word on the street is that Bodyworks is good but about to move to a new venue if their location is important to you.

PippaFawcett Sat 10-Sep-16 22:15:27

Ahh I see, I only gave the website a cursory look. In an ideal world I would like to find an evening class for her to free up the weekends, but all the midweek times are too early for us. I hope your DDs get on well.

happyfran Sun 11-Sep-16 09:29:07

I take my daughter to colours of dance. The studio's just off histon road and they also do classes at other venues. (We go to classes in Great Wilbraham.)
I'm very impressed with how professionally it's run, and absolutely no pressure on the children.

orchardy Sun 11-Sep-16 20:44:49

Was just going to recommend Colours of Dance too.

bufforpington1 Fri 21-Oct-16 10:28:25

I'm late arriving to this post, but my daughter attended King Slocombe from age 3 to 18 and is now attending ballet classes at university! It's a traditional ballet school (perhaps a little old fashioned), very professional and extremely highly regarded, so if you want your daughter to be taught well, this is definitely the place. My daughter once attended a summer school at Bodyworks - very sloppy and not a patch on King Slocombe. Standards at KS are high and they achieve fabulous results. Offer other types of dance too. Highly recommended - it's a Cambridge institution!

PippaFawcett Sun 23-Oct-16 13:54:56

Thanks Bufforpington. I still haven't decided so you aren't too late, the class sizes seem very large at King Slocombe which has made me a bit reticent to sign DD up so we decided to have a half term off! There were only about 8 dancers in her old one, this one looks like 25-30!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now