Local Talk

Er - hello?

(22 Posts)
mynameisnt Fri 09-Nov-12 17:35:30

I am all alone on the friendship bench - anyone care to sit with me ? I have red wine.

twentysomethingmum Mon 12-Nov-12 08:38:15

any fan of red wine is a friend of mine! what is the friendship bench, anyway? cambridge local talk seems to be a bit thin!

mynameisnt Tue 13-Nov-12 18:15:36

Hello!! I think this is where we all hang out and chew gum and swig drinks and stuff!

GinAndIt Tue 13-Nov-12 20:41:17

Helloooo? I have gin (obvs!) if that's ok? And trifle, I love trifle. Bit tricky to share around mind....

mynameisnt Wed 14-Nov-12 22:49:21

I <3 gin but only have cider tonight <not on a park bench honest> Have always wondered what 'it' actually is. I have read lots of trashy books where they drink Gin & It but what is it?

GinAndIt Thu 15-Nov-12 18:41:24

Oh I thought it was tonic confused that's what i always have anyway. actually i always ask for g&t so maybe gin and it is something completely different?

mynameisnt Thu 15-Nov-12 19:01:26

yes, this is what has bothered me for so many years...is it tonic...or is it something else??

GinAndIt Thu 15-Nov-12 19:55:57

well i googled it and the 'it' is sweet vermouth! sounds a bit rank actually but obviously i should try it just in case it's lush grin

mynameisnt Thu 15-Nov-12 20:48:39

Haha! I remember now, when i was a teenager, we went to canada and my mum asked for a Vermouth when we were somewhere - I saw her casually pour it all away and asked her why - she shuddered and whispered 'it was full of gin'. It all makes sense grin

TopSecretCam Mon 19-Nov-12 13:50:00

Are you receiving, over?

mynameisnt Mon 19-Nov-12 18:28:41

shhhh. Yes.

Crocvillagemum Thu 29-Nov-12 21:56:28

Hello. I have sloe gin and gingerbread men with Ribena icing. Join me?

mynameisnt Fri 30-Nov-12 18:10:32

back with gin again! I think i may need help ..

Howmanytriesatanickname Wed 05-Dec-12 22:24:43

<sits down on bench with cider in a paper bag and sparks up ciggie>

By 'eck 'tis chilly tonight!

claerwen Thu 13-Dec-12 19:47:41

If I weren't up the duff I'd have that cider off you quicker than you can say Minimum Price Per Unit.

SkinnyLegsAndAll Sat 26-Jan-13 00:19:40

Arrived to the bench and the Gin&It a bit too late. By about 8 months. Must get this baby out, soon...

(Is this a naughty bench?)
<hopeful>

claerwen Sun 27-Jan-13 23:10:43

It's wicked, Skinny. I had a small glass of wine the other day, and our haggis had liver in.

SkinnyLegsAndAll Mon 28-Jan-13 06:49:34

I regularly have a glass of red or a Guiness in the evenings. Relaxed mum = happy baby, and all that. But I hate liver and haggis looks downright scary!

When are you due, claerwen?

claerwen Mon 28-Jan-13 22:21:53

Oh good. Cheers! Due early April, so a little way behind you. Although, while my bump is apparently normal-sized, I feel so much bigger than last time that it's hard to believe I've got another ten weeks with it.

Thumbtack Fri 29-Mar-13 17:44:37

Has everyone passed out? I wanted to join in . .

DavidSchneider Wed 24-Apr-13 13:15:58

sorry to but in on this friendship bench but i am looking to open a nearly new baby shop in sawston, does anyone think this is a bad idea?

Also i am looking for people to do a survey.....

HelenLynn Thu 25-Apr-13 21:58:54

Sorry David, we're all too drunk to think about that, and the ones who aren't are so annoyed that they can't be because they're pregnant that they can't think about it either. Certainly the sherry bottle hasn't left my hands since I had DS2 the other week. I'm sure I'm too drunk to drive, even if I could drive, which I can't. Is it a survey about sherry?

Thumbtack, I don't suppose you brought any crisps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now