Local Talk

Day time meet ups with DCs

(41 Posts)
LocalEditorCambridge Fri 06-Dec-13 19:47:13

There's a Cambridge evening wine club going / meet ups planned.. . But I wondered how many people were interested in a day time get together?

I thought we could do the first one somewhere like Botanic Garden. So easy walk about for those with buggies & toddlers - and then head to the Garden cafe to recover with cake. They sell wine there too I've been reliably informed grin

I know it seems ages off but how about aiming for Tuesday 14th January - say about 11am?

If the weather is terrible we could meet in town somewhere DC friendly. And then plan the next one....

Sound good?

POTC Mon 09-Dec-13 01:14:32

I'd be interested but would need a weekend one as my dcs are older

Mogz Mon 09-Dec-13 02:06:22

Would be lovely, will have to check with DH to see what hours he is doing though, unless anyone could possibly pick up from Brington? Happy to pay for petrol, or reward with a cuppa and cake in the cafe!

GinAndIt Tue 10-Dec-13 20:32:46

I would like to as well. Can do wednesdays or thursdays so will have to give this one a miss but hopefully can make it to another one.

LocalEditorCambridge Tue 10-Dec-13 20:47:49

Great - definitely up for a weekend one too.

Sorry GinAndIt - but I can do Wednesday 15th as well - does that work for everyone else interested?

GinAndIt Fri 03-Jan-14 15:27:46

I can make the 15th. Where shall we meet? Would have to be somewhere I can keep an eye on dd as she won't sit still!

LocalEditorCambridge Fri 03-Jan-14 16:12:49

Great!

Wednesday January 15th @ 11am - at Botanic Garden?

Then toddlers can run around, easy to push buggies and if your DCs are in school a nice place to wonder around?

And then aim to hit the cafe at about 11.45 / 12noon to feed ourselves our DCs

Who else fancies it?

GinAndIt Sat 04-Jan-14 08:21:55

Sounds good grin

wrestlingalligators Wed 08-Jan-14 19:40:13

I'm new to Cambridge, I'd love to come and meet people. I'll have a 19 month old and 3.5 year old with me - does anyone else have similar ages? Would be v embarrassed if you all have newborns and I unleash hulking, rowdy boys on you all!

LocalEditorCambridge Wed 08-Jan-14 23:17:36

wrestling I'll be bringing a 13month old - my other two tucked away at school & nursery - Hulking, rowdy toddlers very welcome. smile

Shellbell27 Thu 09-Jan-14 21:06:14

hi guys. im new to Cambridge and know no one yet! could I come along with my little girl whos 3 please? im 26 and live just off Newmarket road. I look forward to meeting you all x

LocalEditorCambridge Thu 09-Jan-14 21:35:03

Fab! the more the merrier.

wrestlingalligators Thu 09-Jan-14 22:15:01

Great, where will you meet? I haven't been in the botanical garden yet but i know where the entrance is

LocalEditorCambridge Fri 10-Jan-14 09:57:47

Adults are £4.50 - children under 16 are free. I hadn't realised entrance was so much - I hope this hasn't put anyone off? Next time we'll do a free park somewhere!

how to get there

Shall we meet Wednesday 15th at Brookside gate at 11am. This is the main entrance, with parking nearby and near the shop...

map here

If we miss anyone we could aim to be in the Garden Cafe for 12?

cafe

Shall I wear one of these so you can all spot me?

AIBU

I'll be pushing a buggy and trying to persuade DS to keep his hat and mittens on.

smile

NekoKutsu Sat 11-Jan-14 21:46:10

My three week old is still a little too little to come out but would love to come to the next one smile

GinAndIt Sun 12-Jan-14 11:40:42

Congratulations NekoKutsu hope you're both well smile

LocalEditorCambridge Sun 12-Jan-14 11:55:44

Congratulations NekoKutsu Please come to the next one so I can get all broody

Heavy rain forecast for Wednesday. Will keep eye on this - I'm happy to go our in whatever weather but I know those with toddlers might want to steer clear of the torrential rain.. Happy to be led by majority on what do. Providing it's not rainmeggedon I'll be there!

RandF Sun 12-Jan-14 22:01:29

Hi. What a lovely idea, I'm new to Cambridge and would love to join you all with my 20 month old.
See you Wednesday

wrestlingalligators Tue 14-Jan-14 16:51:21

Great, I might be a bit late but should definitely be able to be in the cafe by 12. RandF I'm new to Cambridge too and have a 20 month old, among others!

LocalEditorCambridge Wed 15-Jan-14 09:52:29

See you all in an hour!

LocalEditorCambridge Wed 15-Jan-14 10:07:56

I'm not wearing a mumsnet t shirt but I am wearing a scarf with stars on it not official mumsnet scarf but closest I could find

Starting to feel like a blind date grin

DyeInTheEar Wed 15-Jan-14 11:45:19

We're here in cafe if we missed anyone

NekoKutsu Wed 15-Jan-14 17:13:14

Hope you guys had fun!

LocalEditorCambridge Wed 15-Jan-14 18:39:03

It was really lovely to meet everyone & their DCs - sorry to those who couldn't make it. Definitely up for doing it again soon.

Hope your new baby is doing well NekoKutsu

RandF Thu 16-Jan-14 11:37:47

Thanks for organising, it was lovely to have some new adult company. Great to meet you all plus DCs of course!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now