Local Talk

Rosie hospital?

(3 Posts)
orangeshortbreadcam Mon 12-Nov-12 17:21:49

I'm 33 weeks with my first pregnancy. I have heard that the new Rosie birthing centre is lovely and am on a waiting list for a tour. Has anybody already given birth there and could share positive/negative experiences? I'm also interested in people's experiences of the delivery unit at the Rosie.

I guess my dilemma is this: I love the idea of the privacy of a Midwife-led centre and of the relaxed nature of this as busy hospitals freak me out and I find it difficult to share a sleeping/showering space with other people I don't know. On the other hand my pain threshold is quite low and I know that in the midwife-led centre an epidural is out of the question and I have no idea how realistic it is that I can cope with gas and air alone. Any experiences/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Becketts Mon 12-Nov-12 18:17:34

It was 4 years since I was there but I'm sure that pethidine was available on the MW unit. Why not start out at the MWLU and you can always transfer if you feel you need to? You might surprise yourself smile

I had a lovely time there with DD1, I was booked into the MWLU but on the night it was closed due to staff shortages so ended up on the normal delivery suite. That was no problem at all in the end, the MWs were ace and respected the requests on my birthplan really well by leaving me alone as much as possible. Some people have said they felt rushed out afterwards but as I wanted to leave soon after DD1 so it didn't affect me really.

Not sure whereabouts in the county you are but there are also MWLUs at Peterborough and Hinchingbrooke now.

Good luck.

DancesinCambridgeshire Wed 14-Nov-12 19:20:39

I had DD3 in the Rosie. I had a pre-planned Caesar, so had to be on the MW, but it was fine. The other people were very close and there was definitely a lack of privacy, but there is no privacy in the whole having children thing anyway. The staff were lovely, the food was grand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now