Local Talk

Anyone in St Ives?

(8 Posts)
JoandRo Wed 02-Jan-13 12:24:52

We currently live in a village NW of Cambridge. Before we bought this place we rented in St Ives for 6 months (we moved here from London). After 3 years in this house, although we like it a lot, we have decided to move back to St Ives as we loved it and we miss living there.

So we are in the process of selling our house and buying in St Ives. I work full-time, but from home and I do it over four days a week so I always have a weekday with my DD (2) to do things. The other 4 days my DH looks after her. So we are thinking about things to do (we didn't have a baby when we lived in St Ives previously!). So any recommendations of things to do with a toddler would be most welcome.

Also...if anyone's out there and fancies a meet up, that would also be great. We're actually in St Ives almost every week anyway (someone's got to feed those swans...) so we're often around.

Crocvillagemum Thu 03-Jan-13 06:27:54

Hello! I live just north of St Ives, and am usually around at least Mondays and Fridays. (Usually work Tues/Wed/Thur, though currently on maternity leave). Have DS3 and DD0.7. Trying to organise a meet up over on the Friendship Bench if you're interested? Could chat about toddler activities then!

Becketts Thu 03-Jan-13 07:45:10

Hello! I'm N of Huntingdon but up for a meet up. I have DD1 4yo and DD2 22mo.

Toriv Fri 08-Feb-13 22:10:25

We're in St Ives, I have a DS who turns 3 next week and a DD who is 4 months. There are quite a few groups locally. Mostly just standard mums and toddlers but my DS enjoys them. x

Crocvillagemum Tue 12-Feb-13 14:36:12

Hi toriv. Are you up for a coffee? Trying to organise via Friendship Bench if so!

godolphinarms Fri 08-Mar-13 13:52:16

hi, I'm St Ives, two DCs and around most of the week. There's quite a lot going on for families around here, we really like it. Perhaps we should try and organise a local meet up?

godolphinarms Fri 08-Mar-13 13:54:54

Godmanchester, Papworth, Brampton, Fenstanton?? Which is the better place for a young family? Do you know the villages well? Please please pass on any local knowledge as my friend is relocating over here, I am biased and would like to give her a more objective and thoughtful answer to where she should live! thanks

Alexnadra Tue 12-Mar-13 14:34:57

Hi, I'm new on here and it would be fab to meet some mums! I have a daughter who's 1 and one on the way x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now