Moving to Bluntisham

(3 Posts)
Keepcarm Wed 15-Jun-16 13:17:27

I am moving to the St Ives, Huntingdon area with work this year. I have seen a house in Bluntisham that I like plus they hg have places for my 6 year old iadvise Helen's Primary. Does anyone have any advice on the village as a good location for family life? I am feeling very stressed with finding the right location, with a house I like and with spaces in the Primary School.

stiveslass Wed 15-Jun-16 20:06:04

I live in St Ives and Bluntisham is only 10 mins away. I like living in the town and being able to walk to the shops (we do have cars too but I like the fact we don't have to rely on a car to drive into town). From what I know Bluntisham is OK and the school is currently being turned around after a bad patch. I know the Head through work and she seems pleasant. The school is in a Trust with Holywell Primary which is a very good school in he next village along, 5 mins closer to St Ives. Have you looked at Holywell and Needingworth villages? Other villages are the Hemingfords, Houghton and Fenstanton though all a bit more expensive than Bluntisham

Keepcarm Wed 15-Jun-16 21:50:51

Thanks for the info. I do love Needingworth but not much comes on the market and I need to be up there by October at the latest. I also like St Ives but I can seem to find a property that isn't over looked. I currently have a 3 bed terrace but it isn't over looked and has a park behind it. The house prices have also gone crazy so villages like Hemingford and Houghton seem really expensive. It is quicker to get to St Ives from Bluntisham than it is from Hemingford. My ideal would be Needingworth but I feel under a lot of pressure to find something quickly. Thanks again for your thoughts. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now