Can I get a seat on the train from St Neots or Huntingdon in the morning?

(9 Posts)
hg1970 Fri 23-Sep-16 10:51:51

Hi there

I'm looking to move out of London and commute in. Does anyone know if it's possible to consistently get a seat in the morning from St Neots or Huntingdon?

Any details of trains much appreciated

Thanks

Flanderspigeonmurderer Fri 23-Sep-16 12:06:29

I've asked my other half and he said yes. He travels in every day.

choppolata Fri 23-Sep-16 17:24:43

Yes from Huntingdon, although lots of people get on the fast trains (7.10 a good example) so you might not be so lucky from St Neots. Coming back usually ok if you are ready to leap on when the train arrives into KX, you won't get a seat from Finsbury Park. Driving to Hunts station is a nightmare between 8.15 and 8.45, much better to aim for a train at 7 something. But once you arrive you can hang out in a fab old skool station buffet with builders tea.

hg1970 Mon 26-Sep-16 11:53:28

Thanks for your advice Choppolota, very helpful

JustCallMeDory Mon 26-Sep-16 16:50:18

DH commuted until recently to and from Biggleswade - further down the line from St Neots/Huntingdon. He used to travel on the 35min fast commuter train (can't remember the exact time in the morning) into Kings X, and although it was busy, he always got a seat both ways.

Hadiever Mon 26-Sep-16 16:55:32

It is busy but you can generally get a seat. ( I don't commute but know many that do) the train service is pretty reliable but of course expensive.

Hadiever Mon 26-Sep-16 16:59:38

Forgot to say car parking at st Neots station is expensive so be prepared! A lot of commuters park the surrounding estates but it would be a struggle getting a space to park and I know locals tend do dislike commuters blocking the roads all day. St Neots is fairly small so walking/ cycling to station is not impossible depending on where you live

Flanderspigeonmurderer Mon 26-Sep-16 17:24:38

My husband cycles to st Neots station, it has good cycle paths. Loves farm is the area next to the station, you can walk from there.

Crocvillagemum Tue 27-Sep-16 16:04:17

If I'm down to London I usually get one of the trains that leave between 7am and 7.30am. There's generally plenty of space at that time both from Huntingdon and St Neots, and in the carpark at Huntington (dunno about parking at St Neots).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now