Local Talk

Looking for good tutors for +7 entrance exams / Camden-Hamstead-Bels ize Area

(3 Posts)
MariaE Thu 30-Jun-11 15:23:58

Hi, I am thinking about some tutored sessions for my son in preparations for the +7 entrance exams. He is currently at state school and I belive that some support can be helpful.

We live in Belsize square/Hamstead area. Any recommended tutors or potentially agencies? Any other suggestions?
Thanks, Maria

RSVPB5 Thu 03-May-12 11:10:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

IssyWH Thu 08-Nov-12 04:34:42

Hi Maria, I had tutoring for my youngest boy before his 7+ too. It was my husband's idea and I had real misgivings about it because he seemed so young and I didn't want to hothouse him or take away his childhood etc. But it worked wonderfully, particularly for his confidence and motivation. and it's quite nice to be able to opt out of all the nagging! It was an absolute bloody nightmare knowing where to look and I found some of the mums could be terribly secretive about who they were using. We tried a couple of agencies from google searches and weren't impressed (if you want names I can send a private message) but eventually used the agency Hippocrene Tutors on the recommendation of friends and had a fantastic tutor called Alice (I'd give you her direct number but I know she's in Africa). Be warned though Hippocrene are on the pricey side and they get booked up a long way in advance, so I've heard of people not getting one at all (!) Ask for homework on top of the lessons, to get the best value from it. You could also try looking around local newsagents, I always notice tutors advertising round here and you might find a bargain. Some friends use Kumon, but I'm not the one to ask about that. Good luck! Issy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now