Local Talk

Help! Preschool for my daughter nw3

(4 Posts)
worriedwilma Sat 24-Sep-11 20:53:17

Want to increase my chances of my daughter getting into one of the good all girls schools. She is currently at a non academic nursery, she is very happy and confident there. But I know it is not prepping her like other pre prep children who she will be up against. She is 3 now? Do i change her or keep her where she is happy and hope for the best. Any experience in this type thing? Also do you know if Phoenix a good school for girls? or is it more aimed to the boys? ANy help advice please. Feeling like she may miss out already as i have made the wrong decision.

hampsteadtsa Tue 04-Oct-11 17:25:18

So many people try to 'prep' their 3 year olds...the schools all say they hate it. My eldest was at a 'non academic' nursery for the 2 years of nursery and got into both of the very competitive and academic schools that she tried. To have confidence is, I think, the greatest thing to leave nursery with - none of the schools are interested in reading and writing until they get there but they want to see a child who is happy to be in a learning establishment - that's my view!

nwthree Fri 07-Oct-11 12:24:29

A agree with hampsteadtsa that the confidence they get at nursery is the main thing and will set them apart from children who haven't had much exposure to other children. My son is very happy at a non-academic nursery, but I must admit that we're thinking of moving him to Hampstead Hill School because I wonder if he'll be bored with doing the same old things for the next couple of years. HHS seems really nice and they have a great space and outdoor facilities. But ultimately I don't think it really matters as long as your daughter is happy.

worriedwilma Fri 07-Oct-11 15:46:41

Thank you both for your answers, happiness and confidence is key no mattter what you are completely right. I am thinking i will just keep her where she is. Listening to other parents at these other pre prep makes you doubt your doing right thing, but at end of the day we cant all do the same thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now