Local Talk

Dance classes for children in NW1 (the good one)

(4 Posts)
Kalemum Thu 08-Nov-12 00:47:14

I would like to recommend the folk dance classes at Cecil Sharp House. My daughter has been attending for a year and we couldn't be happier! There is singing, dancing and live music played on the site. Kids have great fun and while they're at it, we parents can relax and enjoy a cup of tea and a slice of (wonderful!) cake from the cafe.

There are two groups: 4 to 5 years old and 6 to 9 y.o. Pricewise, I think they're very reasonable (especially compared to other classes). Only £50 for a whole term.

The reason why I'm posting this is because unfortunately they need more children to make the classes sustainable, or will have to stop them. There's 6 of us already, but we need at least 4 new children in the 4-5 year old group.

They're offering one free tester session per child, so nothing to lose! Come and see if your kid(s) enjoy it, I'm sure they will smile

Here's the link to their website www.efdss.org/front/c-minors/c-minors/214228/131

Perrins Tue 13-Nov-12 20:19:00

I also recommend these classes. It would be a shame if they have to stop. My daughter used to really enjoy them - unfortunately we can't go anymore because of other after school commitments.

We also really enjoy the Maypole dancing, Apple day, family barn dances. Great place!

pmTea Wed 26-Jun-13 22:59:58

I am reading this many months on and hoping it still exists!
Thanks for posting - off to call Cecil Sharpe House smile

babymassageN19 Sun 15-Sep-13 12:31:51

@Kalemum

Sadly this class has now been withdrawn - you're right, they didn't have enough takers and took the decision to close it, much to my disappointment as was all ready to sign my daughter up for it.
Can't enough of us contact the organiser and encourage them to reinstate it perhaps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now