Local Talk

So how does Mumsnet Camden work then?

(3 Posts)
123feel Fri 07-Dec-12 22:07:54

Hello there,

So, its early days still for Mumsnet Camden and judging by the quiet boards people are still a tad shy about getting involved smile

Thought a quick recap about what its all about might help clear the air..!

I'm your local editor so managing the site and hoping to build it into a useful resource for everyone. Its created by and for local Camden parents - its a great tool for us to have that also works well on a smart phone, and I look forward to collaborating with you to make it genuinely useful!

I've dipped in and out of Mumsnet but found it really valuable since my son H was born, 16months ago. Especially with parents being not nearby and having moved fairly recently. I'm really excited about having something that means I can connect with mums - and dads - in the area, voice & assuage fears, tap into new info and celebrate the good stuff when it happens.

Here's a bit of info on how the site works:

Joining
You will need to create a log in to add listings and to talk on the forums. Its really simple to do. The process is the same whether you are a business or not so just type in your email, create a chat name and come and have a conversation ..!

Listings
Anyone can add a listing using the pink "Add a listing" button at top right. Have a browse through the categories and think about anything you'd like to broadcast to other Mumsnetters. I've enjoyed adding listings so far, and have found out all sorts of new things about Hackney that I didn't know before. I'm sure there's loads more out there, be fantastic if you would share what you love about the area - you never know exactly who you are helping but be assured someone somewhere will be very grateful one day!

Reviews
People get a bit shy of reviews but this could be a really fantastic part of our site. Knowing which cafes work really well for kids, whose food is really good, which class is just something special - personal feedback can really reassure and help those things that aren't quite up to scratch take a look at what they are offering and get it better. So please do be honest and vocal!

Local Chat
You have to create a local chat name for this Camden area site. This has to be different to the one you use on the Mumsnet site, but can be just a tweak if you're not worried about anonymity. I'm not sure why you might be but anyhow, that is how it works. We can use this forum for all kinds of questions from childcare, schools to stuff like is stout or guinness better when you are breastfeeding (joke). But seriously, if you have a problem or issue you are mulling over do get it out there, you never know who else might be pondering exactly the same thing. As they say, 2 heads are better than 1...

Local Meet Ups - Local Ambassadors
I've recruited a few helpers to start organising these in the new year - but if anyone out there is keen to get involved, let me know. These super lovely people will be called "Mumsnet Ambassadors" and have a special card entitling them to discounts at various places. Interested? Email me for info camden@mumsnetlocal.com

That's just about it I think - thanks for your patience - and do shout out if you have any questions.

Looking forward to chatting soon!

thanks

KTown2013 Sun 12-May-13 17:44:48

Hi - just joined - moving into the area in a couple of weeks and due in July - thought i'd say hi

lullah Tue 14-May-13 12:26:27

can anyone recomend a good primary school near NW6, i am looking at St Mary's CoE Primary Kilburn, Kingsgate Primary & Emmanuel CoE Primary - need to hear some inside info and what's the best school local to NW6??? (Ofsted reports are helpful but don't give the full picture) Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now