Need help on areas and pre schools

(5 Posts)
bmgreen Wed 17-Feb-16 17:46:19

Hello mommies,

We are moving to London in March. After doing a lot of research we have shortlisted two areas: Greenwich and Hampstead. So I have a few questions, hoping you can help:

1. What are the good neighborhood in or around Hampstead? How is West Hampstead? We will be working in Canary Wharf so definitely looking for a quick commute. We will rent a 2bed/2 bath flat..Any pointers would be great..

2. My LO is 2.9 years.. What are some of the good nurseries/ Montessori schools. Will I get a spot now?

Your help is appreciated... we are moving from NY...just so confused with everythingsmile Thank you ladies!

soodster Wed 22-Jun-16 09:48:58

Hi BMGreen,

Just checking if you heard any feedback in relation to the nurseries in Hampstead. We are in the same boat as you and looking for nurseries for last minute admission.

Thank you!

Delph123 Wed 29-Jun-16 18:52:57

Not sure if either of you received replies but the best nurseries are often over subscribed and you need to put your child on the waiting list early on. The list of good nurseries is a long one, I'm more familiar with the ones in West Hampstead. There's Active learning, West Hampstead Day Nursery and Pre-School, Devonshire House, Broadhurst School, Brookland Infant and Nursery School, Mulberry House pre-preparatory school, Hampstead Hill and the list goes on...hope this helps!

I'm at the school stage and looking for a place for my child from 4+ so if anyone can recommend any really reputable prep schools please let me know.

Delph123 Wed 29-Jun-16 18:54:12

And another one closer to Golders Green this time but recommended is Clowns Nursery..

TinyTear Thu 30-Jun-16 08:50:28

My DH commutes to Canary Wharf from Hampstead, takes about 50 to 60 minutes which is average for London

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now