Christchurch Primary School parents

(8 Posts)
Jybe Tue 23-Aug-16 10:04:36

Hi all,

Do you know which primary schools Christchurch children typically go to? And do they typically leave early at 7+ or do they stay on to 11+? Do they end up doing tutoring?

The reason I am asking is that we have been offered a place at a good primary school in Notting Hill but we have our heart set on moving to Hampstead and our children eventually going to Highgate (either at 7+ or 11+)

Many thanks for the replies.

hanette Tue 23-Aug-16 11:12:25

Do you mean Christchurch Redhill Street or the other one?

Jybe Tue 23-Aug-16 11:31:26

I am referring to this one:

Christ Church School
Christchurch Hill
Hampstead London

jamandcake Wed 24-Aug-16 08:11:54

They go all over - I think 17 different schools this year. Children who leave the state for the private system are pretty much inevitably tutored.

Jybe Wed 24-Aug-16 09:19:31

Thank you. Do you know if children leave at 7+ or is that a rarity?
Also, would you say the school is strong academically? And would you say the school is big on discipline or more lax?

jamandcake Thu 25-Aug-16 12:41:22

Don't know about 7+, but I don't think it has tonnes of spaces coming free all the time.
Has always done exceptionally well in SATs.
There's a balance in Camden schools, between the 'nice' ones like this, which are full of relatively well-behaved middle class children but as a result have very little extra funding (so few TAs etc.), and the more 'mixed' schools where the intake is more complex, but there's much more money for extra teachers, extra support, TAs for each class.

Jybe Thu 25-Aug-16 19:50:40

Thank you for the helpful feedback, much appreciated. Seems like a solid school. Will try to visit on an open day. Their results had a shard drop off in 2015, wonder why.

jamandcake Thu 25-Aug-16 20:03:02

tiny school, weak year group? they had a lot of drama last year too, with all the extraordinary false accusations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now