Local Talk

Brook house nursery Rhiwbina

(12 Posts)
dreammum Thu 02-Feb-12 16:42:08

Hi- has anyone got any feedback for me. I'm thinking of moving my ds age 3 there in September as they do the pick ups and drop offs to rhiwbina school but don't know anyone who has used this service before.

Smiler12 Fri 24-Feb-12 22:19:14

DON'T DO IT! My daughter went for a two hour taster and came out screaming. she hated it there. Also, there wrap around care drop off and pick ups is very disorganised! They seem to struggle to keep children - they have a high turnover - must be a reason for it!?

MrsKitty Fri 02-Mar-12 10:33:55

I'm afraid I've only ever heard similar stories to smiler12's. Do you have any alternative options?

dreammum Sun 04-Mar-12 15:19:03

Thanks ladies...that's what I have heard. Oh no, I don't have any alternative options. Does anyone know of a childminder in the Rhiwbina area? x

MrsKitty Tue 06-Mar-12 21:11:45

Perhaps ask at the school about childminders? Or the library might have some info?

superststarmum Thu 05-Apr-12 11:09:20

I beg to disagree my daugther attended the nursery and I used the wrap around service and was highly satisified with the service. My youngest now attends the nursery and i have found that there are different children there from when my daughter attended but then the nursery only takes from the age of 2 so the children are not there as long as they would be in other nurseries. I am very happy with the service I get from the nursery and I have recommended the nursery to a couple of my friends and they both have taken places and are both happy with the service that they get. I found that my eldest took a while to settle in to the nursery routine as it was all new and I found the staff very accomedating and flexiable when helping settle both my children in. You can not judge a nursery on one taster session. I found the nursery fantastic and would recommend their service to anyone as they have a wide range of options to suit parents.

lammatron2000 Wed 02-May-12 22:18:30

Great nursery! Both my children have been going there for about 2 years. We use wrap around care and full time. Both my children love it and sometime even cry when it is time to go home! My daughter goes to a Martial Arts lesson over the road and they are even willing to drop off and pick up form there! Very friendly and my children are always first to complain if something it not right!

lotsoffunmum Thu 07-Feb-13 11:27:21

I went to the nursery for a show around quite recently as i am looking for child care for my son as he is due to start state nursery in september and i heard that they offered a wrap around service. I was very impressed with the nursery and the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The children came across a very confident and happy and welcomed us as much as the staff. I found the rooms very bright and welcoming and was pleased to find out that the are looking to take babies and toddlers which is a bonus as i am pregnant with my second child and its great to know that i can place my baby within the nursery if i decide to go back to work earlier than planned

MammyVeg Wed 17-Apr-13 23:02:10

Can anyone give me more feedback on Brook House Nursery. We are considering sending our 3 & 1 year olds there when my 3 year old starts nursery in Sept. they seem to be the only crèche in/near Rhiwbina who offer wrap around care? Thanks x

Medley007 Mon 22-Apr-13 10:46:06

Hi folks,
I hope this works - 1st time trying 2 use mumsnet!
My son - just turned 3 - is at Brook House and he really enjoys it. He always eats his food there (not at home!), comes home full of beans & clearly loves it.
I have always found the staff, especially Susan (Manageress), to be extremely helpful & accommodating. I'm particularly grateful for that as I'm freelance & so work can be very last minute & hectic, yet they will always help when I need it.
I was very surprised to read a poor review, but as it was based solely on one taster session I think it was possibly unfair. It's perfectly normal for children to react that way when settling in to any nursery, and doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on the establishment.
I hope this helps those who may be considering Brook House for their children! :-)

mumwholoveschocolate Fri 16-Aug-13 02:51:19

Hello
I don't know if this helps but I live on Heol y Deri and am in the process if registering as a childminder and will be completing the childminder qualification and the paediatric first aid qualification in the next two weeks.

I am a 39 year old mum of 2 (ages 4&7) who will be in Rhiwbina school full-time. I was a teacher but as my house was always full of children decided to make it official and become a childminder.

I am offering pick/up drop off childcare in addition to normal childminding and M pretty flexible. My rate is £5 per hour.

If you would like to discuss this further just email me your number and we can arrange for you to pop over.
Kind regards
Ceri

MammyVeg Sat 28-Sep-13 19:27:39

Dear Mumwholoveschocolate
Do you have vacancies for childminding?
My son attends afternoons in Rhiwbeina nursery and I'm looking for a childminder for Tues & Weds.
Please email me: ajsmith1999@yahoo.com
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now