Local Talk

Anyone in the Wigton/Aspatria Area

(14 Posts)
Uglymush Sun 04-Sep-11 18:12:38

Hi, I'm 31 and 9 weeks pregnant with my first. We have been TTC for nearly 2 years so this is our miracle baby smile My friends either have school aged kids or no kids so feeling a little isolated at the moment. Is there anyone else feeling the same? I also only moved back to Cumbria in Dec '08 and then to this side of Carlisle 12 months ago so don't really know many people.

ktt5378 Thu 15-Sep-11 13:42:16

Hi I live in the west of Carlisle. but used to live in Silloth! I too am pregnant with my first but I am 33 and 21 weeks pregnant. It can be hard when you are just a little way along as i'm guessing a lot of people do not know yet but it does get better.

Uglymush Sun 18-Sep-11 20:58:06

Thanks ktt Had my dating scan on Friday so starting to tell people now - although it feels awkward as how do you ring people to say 'I'm pregnant' without it sounding like all you want to do is talk about yourself?

Good luck x

ktt5378 Sun 18-Sep-11 21:29:21

I know what you mean! A couple of my friends told us by text which I thought wasn't a bad idea but DH insisted on telling people face to face and by phone! Was quite amusing seeing how long it took some people to catch on! Lol! When are you due?

Uglymush Mon 19-Sep-11 19:38:21

My mum and MIL insisted we contacted 'key' people and there were some very interesting reactions. Due beginning of April, which now feels miles away but I am sure will come round all too quickly. How about you?

ktt5378 Mon 26-Sep-11 13:14:07

End of January and you're right it does come round very quickly.
I do have a couple of friends with babies but mainly like you my friends have no children or older school age ones!
Good luck and let me know how you get on x

Uglymush Thu 29-Sep-11 20:35:33

Thanks for the reassurance.

My family have already twigged to the fact I can't drink and so I seem to have defaulted to the designated driver for everything.

Keep in touch x

ktt5378 Tue 11-Oct-11 11:26:31

Hi
Although my DH has spent the last 12 years doing nearly all the driving he has now given it up very easily on nights out I notice! Lol
How's it going?
Hope everything is OK with you! You'll have had your dating scan now have you?
Kx

Uglymush Tue 11-Oct-11 18:47:43

Hiya
Men!!
Dating scan was a few weeks ago, had it early so DH could be with me. I am 15 weeks tomorrow grin
I'm doing ok thanks just had a couple of weeks of work at the doctors orders but went back last week and it was like I had never been away by Friday!
How about you? x

ktt5378 Thu 27-Oct-11 13:37:41

Hope you've settled back into work OK!
Well i've made it to 27 weeks without too much drama, starting to feel quite tired again (although not sure that ever stopped! Lol) so got a couple of days off work next week.
Christmas shopping has started as I don't think there's any way i'll want to do it by December and DH would look at me as if I had two heads if I suggested he do it, he doesn'd mind the walking round shops and carrying stuff but doesn;t do the ideas part!

Uglymush Fri 28-Oct-11 17:37:06

sadly I have settled back into work. Feels like I have never been away!! Enjoy your couple of days off. I am lucky DH has the whole of December off (or at least should have) so HE is HE is He is (!!) going to be doing the Christmas shopping!!
Pleased to hear you have got to 27 weeks in one piece. Are you on the coutdown now?

ktt5378 Wed 21-Dec-11 13:38:15

How is everything going now? Hope that you managed to get your DH to do all the shopping as planned. I am now down to my last two weeks at work and I have to say the last month and a bit has flown in. Hope everything is OK with you and that you have a nice relaxing Christmas.

Uglymush Sun 19-Feb-12 14:08:16

Hi, sorry broken laptop so only just back on MN after a lot of nagging at DH to get it sorted! I hope all is good with you, you must of had your baby by now. Hope you are both well

ktt5378 Tue 17-Apr-12 17:50:40

Hi, haven't been on for ages been soooo busy! Had a little girl on 4 February she was 12 days late and I was booked in to be induced when she decided to make a quick entrance the night before. She is great, very good and sleeping really well. How are things with you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now