Local Talk

Helloooooo

(22 Posts)
CardiBachAtHome Tue 13-Nov-12 18:51:27

Hi all! Just found this after EmmaMN's post in chat. Not sure what I'm supposed to do...
I live near Cardigan and have a 16 year old DD. Beginning to get twitchy about what happens to me when she leaves for University (we hope) in a couple of years...

MrsBmumof3 Thu 07-Mar-13 11:31:48

Hello! Thought I would have a wee look at this to see if anyone had posted. I live in Cardigan and have 3 children, one of whom is the reason I will be treated to my first eisteddfod tomorrow, deep joy! All in Welsh which I do not understand much of past counting, thanks and days of the week!

ProdigalCrunch Fri 08-Mar-13 17:42:29

Hello MrsB!

I'm a but further north than you, up Aberystwyth way.
There must be more of us out there smile

ProdigalCrunch Fri 08-Mar-13 17:43:21

And hello CardiBach too! blush

LinzerTorte Fri 08-Mar-13 18:00:35

Hello! I'm originally from Aber and get back a couple of times a year (am overseas now), but have never managed to meet up with any other MNers despite posting on local threads - am sure there must be other MNers in the area, though!

ProdigalCrunch Fri 08-Mar-13 18:49:09

Hi Linzer, that rings a bell, I'm sure we've crossed paths before smile

LinzerTorte Sat 09-Mar-13 05:38:20

Hi Prodigal, very likely, I've posted on a few similar threads. smile I know of more MNers where I am now than in Aber!

MrsBmumof3 Mon 11-Mar-13 14:38:17

Hello All, well survived my first Eisteddfod, am originally from Edinburgh so wasn't sure what to expect! Trying to get DS quiet was a nightmare, 2 third places for DD1 who was chuffed, although did two enormous yawns in the middle of her performance which nearly made everyone wet themselves laughing!
Hope you all had a good weekend

ProdigalCrunch Mon 11-Mar-13 15:31:11

Ah the good old Eisteddfod smile

Nothing quite like it!

CardiBachAtHome Mon 11-Mar-13 17:27:08

Well done to your DD in her first go, MrsB! I often yawn at EIsteddfodau too! My DD did very well at hers (Urdd) and has qualified for the County one in several classes (not so stealth boast). I love a good Eisteddfod.
SO, where are we? Me near Cardigan, MrsB in Cardigan, Prodigal nearer Aber and Linzer visitn occassionally. Is that it?

ProdigalCrunch Mon 11-Mar-13 17:30:47

Hello Cardi, we're a rare breed in these parts. smile

Well done to your Dd too, it takes me back smile

MrsBmumof3 Tue 12-Mar-13 09:49:08

Ooh, Cardi, well done that girl, how exciting. Where is the next one? Had v exciting news yesterday, got an interview next week for a job I applied for ages ago, they had decided to leave it 6 months but must have changed their minds! I am so nervous though, haven't worked for 5 years since I was pregnant with DD2 (aka demon!),

MrsBmumof3 Tue 12-Mar-13 09:52:02

How hard do you think it is to learn Welsh as an adult? Don't want the kids transpiring against me in a language I can't understand!

ProdigalCrunch Tue 12-Mar-13 14:20:06

Hurray on the interview front MrsB! Well done you, and lots of luck.

As for learning welsh, my mum did. From scratch. She now teaches bilingually and I suspect her welsh is much better than mine (I spent too long living in England after welsh schooling).

It must depend on the group a bit, if you go along with a lot of enthusiastic people then you'll practise lots and enjoy it.

MrsBmumof3 Tue 12-Mar-13 14:37:07

Thanks Prodigal, just going to focus on positive things like being able to go the loo on my own!
DH now away until late Thursday night, then off to the Hebrides for a fortnight, think I will be like Shirley Valentine by the time he gets home, hello wall!
What is everyone up to this week then? My eldest daughter has her very first Beavers sleepover so dropping her and her wee friend off, then going to drive down to where my interview is so I don't start stressing out on Tuesday trying to find the place.

LinzerTorte Mon 08-Jul-13 08:44:27

Just bumping this - it seems to have gone very quiet on here.

I'm going to be back in Aber for a couple of weeks next month, and am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather like we had last August! Would be happy to meet for coffee if anyone fancies it. smile

HorseAndAnkles Sun 28-Jul-13 21:59:35

I'm near Aber and would be happy to meet up for a coffee andacakeofcourse!

LinzerTorte Thu 01-Aug-13 10:48:26

So, Horse and I are thinking about meeting up for coffee the week after next... anyone else interested in coming along?

Did you get my PM, Prodigal?

HorseAndAnkles Tue 06-Aug-13 22:29:13

Bump!

ProdigalCrunch Thu 08-Aug-13 14:50:50

Argh! Have only just seen this! Have pm'd you Linzer. This'll teach me to take my eye off the ball smile

Is there a plan?

LinzerTorte Thu 08-Aug-13 16:22:42

There is indeed, Prodigal - Horse and I are meeting for coffee on Monday morning. Will PM you. smile

mightbemovingtowales Thu 17-Oct-13 16:19:43

Posting here, but also popped this on another thread, so here goes...

We might be moving to Wales - to Ceredigion/Pembrokeshire area. I'm afraid we are English as they come, and the move is related to Husband's work. Is there anyone in a similar position? We have 2 kids, 9 (nearly 10) and 7 - feeling slightly overwhelmed about working out how to get them into schools when they haven't spoken any welsh before. Does anyone have any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now