Local Talk

Moving to Chelmsford

(2 Posts)
adiach Sat 15-Sep-12 11:55:06

Hi,

We are looking to move to Chelmsford by end of October as I am starting a new job in the area. We will be looking to rent and also would like to live within walking distance of the station as my husband will be travelling into the city for his job.

So I am looking for some help regarding, which areas are good to look for a house and which I should avoid.
Also need to look for a good nursery/childminder for my 10 month old daughter. I saw that the Seymour house has good reviews, is it good and also which branch of it is better? Or are there better options?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

If you want to walk into town/to station, Old Moulsham is a nice area but won't be cheap. Housing there is largely Victorian and permit parking going out to large 1930's houses (with own parking) the nearer you get to Oaklands Park. Oaklands Park very nice place to take DC.

For cheaper rental there are plenty of private estates. The Flowers estate, Springfield (all roads are named after a flower). Don't know what the buses are like. Right side of town for Sainsbury and B&Q.

Moulsham Lodge and Tile Kiln. Two huge estates served by several schools, local shops, doctors. All the houses look the same until you get used to the place. You can guess where I live grin. Bus route 42 for Tile Kiln reliable, 45 Moulsham Lodge not so good. Walking distance from Tesco.

This isn't an exhaustive list of good areas and I'm not telling you the bad areas. I don't want to be flayed alive on here. grin

Good luck with the move. Chelmsford is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now