Local Talk

Meeting people

(10 Posts)
chinateacup Sun 27-Nov-11 09:08:36

We have recently moved back to the area and I would really like to meet people. I have a 10 week old and an almost 3 year old ( who is in pre-school half days).
Can anyone recommend friendly baby/ toddler groups, or other good activities so I can get out and about a bit more, and with a purpose, and speak to some adults - even if it is about our kids - between the hours of 7-7?!
I live in central Cheltenham but can travel.

lalayates Sun 27-Nov-11 12:20:42

Check out 'About Baby Cotswolds' magazine you can pick up a copy in Cafw Boho - it's got loads of listing of baby groups in Cheltenham. The one i liked the best was nursery ryhmes class at Cheltenham libary on Tues and Thursday morning.

bellelulu Tue 06-Dec-11 15:42:11

Hi,
Hope you are settling back in ok and have found some good groups to go to.
We're moving to Cheltenham in the New Year - in the process of buying a house in Leckhampton but it's taking forever. I have been googling baby/toddler groups in Leckhampton and there seem to be quite a few.

I'm really looking forward to getting there and making some new friends!

Vickles Tue 03-Jan-12 17:54:57

hi chinateacup and bellelulu . i'm in leckhampton - and have a 10month old boy, 3 year old girl who's starting school this sept (arrggh) and a 7 year old girl in yr 2 at naunton park primary school.

there's a fab baby/toddler group at emmanuel church in leckhampton (just infront of naunton crescent and off the bath road (behind the new market there) - we meet at 9.45 on mondays - during term time... it's run by mums and it's absolutely lovely! not at all cliquey! and i've been to a few!!!!

feel free to private message me on here for more info....xxx

Chinateacup Wed 04-Jan-12 16:12:07

Ooh thankyou Vickles! Will PM you. Sounds good...

Chinateacup Thu 26-Jan-12 16:15:06

Test
(Trying to PM but display is all a bit of a mess)

homebod Fri 03-Feb-12 10:55:10

I have been in cheltenham for about 6 months. We are currently buying in warden hill.
I have been gently reminded that a diet of day time tv, and internet shopping isnt so healthy!
I am also looking for decent friendly groups to take my 4 month old to.
Failing that, DOES ANYONE LOCAL DRINK COFFEE?? Maybe we could all do a cafe meet up, then tackle groups together? They are always so much nicer to go to if you already know at least one person!

Chinateacup Thu 09-Feb-12 21:41:48

I just PMd you too. Gardener's Lane Baby Drop-In on a Weds morning seems friendly.

Chinateacup Thu 09-Feb-12 21:43:14

As Vickles said, Emmanuel is lovely. I am a newbie but find it relaxed and the kids LOVE it toosmile

belle2011 Tue 24-Jul-12 11:33:35

hi.

i have just moved to warden hill myself in cheltenham,i havent been to any baby groups yet either-does anyone go to that one at st Christophers community hall? whats it like?
or anyone else live in warden hill,or near,who fancies a coffee sometime?

i have a 16 month old myself

sophie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now