Nantwich - anyone live there?

(11 Posts)
Threaders Mon 14-Feb-11 10:49:21

I'm looking to move to the Nantwich area from Warrington later this year. I don't know much about the town itself - can anyone advise me of the good/not so good areas to look out for when house hunting?

We are a family of 3 (me, OH, DD-7mo) with dog and cat! Medium budget so not after the best area in town, but just want to avoid the not so good areas IYSWIM.

jenroy29 Mon 14-Feb-11 11:12:32

There aren't really any rough areas, but you should avoid the town centre because it is basically a pub crawl for the surrounding area at the weekends.
As far a property prices are concerned you'll get more for you money in Crewe, Wistaston and Wybunbury.
Will the distance to the M6 affect you?

ginbob Mon 14-Feb-11 11:18:17

Come buy my house, I am looking to move ASAP to South Wales and live in a 4 bed massive house within 3 minutes walk of town centre, (lots of traffic no pubcrawlers). Ok on budget as is an ex-council house area. Desperate to move, worried we'll not find a seller!! Ask me whatever you want to know, I know a lot about Nantwich and relocation to Nantwich as we did the same 3 years ago and have been settling in ever since. Lots of lovely playgroups and church groups, loads of stuff for the kids to do, plenty funsters/playworld type establishments, nice countryside and farms to visit, good little exclusive boutiquey type shops....

Threaders Mon 14-Feb-11 11:54:43

Wow I wasn't expecting such a quick response - thank you!

The M6 is vital for me for getting to work, however once we move I'm looking at setting my own business up in the area so won't be as important if all goes to plan.

ginbob - unfortunately won't be ready to buy until late in the year!! I'm just looking for general information about where in the town is nice to live (not just in Nantwich, but surrounding villages although I'm aware these can be very expensive).

LollieBear1985 Wed 09-Mar-11 20:03:20

The Stapeley Estate is a nice modern estate with lots of different sized houses ranging in price. I am from Nantwich but relocated down south. Now am moving back as pregnant and this is where i will be looking to rent. Nantwich is lovely so can't go wrong. Avoid Crewe though if I was you. Audlem and Wybunbury are slightly more reasonable out of the villages but all quite pricey 2 be honest.Your close 2 the M6 all around this area. Good Luck

MelTesers Wed 09-Mar-11 20:33:40

I live in Audlem and can thoroughly recommend. Great website here if you're interested and in the catchment for an excellent state secondary school (realise tis a long way off!) Brine Leas. At this moment though would give the primary school a very wide berth but there are many much better primaries within a short drive. Village has everything though. Good luck.

LoveNantwich Thu 07-Apr-11 14:43:38

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

MarionCole Wed 11-May-11 18:09:43

I'm in Nantwich. You can't really go wrong. All the primary schools are good. The Stapeley estate is quite good value but the primary school isn't big enough for all the houses in catchment. Not a big problem though, all the other schools nearby are good. Houses do move slowly on Stapeley though which might be an issue if you eventually want to sell. Personally I love Wellington Road / Park Road because I like all the old houses. Similarly the villages are all nice nearby, nowhere really that I would suggest you avoid. It's a lovely place, very friendly, you won't regret your move :0

talie25 Wed 02-Nov-11 12:06:26

I live just outside Nantwich in Shavington, which is about 3 miles from the M6. My son just started at Stapeley Broad Lane Primary school which is again about 3 miles away and is excellent.
Personally, I wouldn't move to the Stapeley estate, its too close together and a bit stifling. I agree that Audlem is lovely and am planning a move in that direction ourselves

misfitt Thu 21-Jul-16 00:14:45

Don't worry all nice compared to Warrington even the not so nice areas such as Davenport Avenue/Vauxhall Road areas.

CheshireEditor Thu 25-Aug-16 21:45:53

Hope we've helped, let us know how you got on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now