Local Talk

Private hospitals

(4 Posts)
hats716 Mon 04-Jul-11 02:40:32

Hi, im new in uk and I too want private health care for my family. We are moving to cheshire, and so wd really appreciate of someone can tell me about good private hospital in manchester or cheshire ( alderley edge, wilmslow, etc) and also names of some good private medical insurers. Thanks ! 

VCipher Thu 25-Aug-11 14:43:14

I use the Spires Regency hospital in Macclesfield for private appointments. The NHS (national health service) in the UK covers off most healthcare needs though - when you move here I suggest you register with your local GP surgery and find out from them what your status is in terms of entitlement to free healthcare. You may not use the free service but a lot of private treatment still has to be done via referral from your NHS GP (but not always). There are some limits in terms of types of service provided in this area of the country - for example, private maternity / delivery in a hospital is unavailable though you can get private mid-wives for home-births and private ante-natal care. If anything goes wrong though you will need to go in to the NHS syste,m
In terms of paying for private healthcare you can either pay as you go or take out insurance. BUPA is the big provider. You could use gocompare.com to find alternatives.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

hats716 Mon 26-Sep-11 10:20:21

Thats indeed very helpful. Thank u so much. I am sorry for not replying any sooner because u couldnt find this thread on my mobile app. We are thinking of going for BUPA

tb Sat 11-Feb-12 14:34:59

There is a private midwifery practice near Northwich, run by a midwife called Tracy Thomas. She was a nursery nurse when dd was a baby and absolutely brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now