Local Talk

Moving to Nantwich

(6 Posts)
Louisecc Sat 01-Dec-12 21:23:48

hi everyone, would you be so kind to give me some advice please, my dh and two children 9 and 5 are considering a move to Nantwich, is it a nice place to live with family, and is it a friendly place, schools, housing etc, just now down south and struggling a bit with how unfriendly it is.

FarmhouseCheshire Sun 30-Dec-12 11:48:12

I used to live in Nantwich - the two secondary schools are both excellent but I prefer Brine Leas having been to both. Lots of lovely places to live in Nantwich and surrounding villages. Housing tends to be on the expensive side but it may not seem too dear compared to down south.

I would be living there now if I could afford to, TBH.

Sallyfreckles Wed 23-Jan-13 11:11:18

Yes it is a lovely place to live! I moved here about 3 yrs ago when I met my husband, and since having our little girl ( now 13 months) i have met so many lovely mums. Theres lots of things in the children, lovely cafes to meet up for brews, big parks, rivers and lakes and a fab outdoor swimming pool. I recommend it!

Elycia Thu 24-Apr-14 06:43:00

Hello, I am looking to move to Nantwich as I am starting reaseheath college in Septempber, my daughter is two and I'm just wondering if there's any nurseries anybody could recommend? Also is there any parts of Nantwich I shoukd avoid?

Voicesinmyear Sat 26-Apr-14 14:43:39

Don't know about nurseries sorry as I'm a little further away.

Hopefully someone will be along soon who lives closer smile

CheshireEditor Tue 29-Apr-14 12:53:17

Yes Nantwich is a great place to live, I live in Knutsford which is about 20-30 mns away so I am not too familiar with schools and nurseries etc. Lovely market town, lots to do and nice community feel. I've been a few times when my eldest has played football against them!

I moved here from London about 12 years ago and love it.

I will put out a tweet and Facebook post and hopefully you may get some more insight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now