Local Talk

Moving to Tattenhall

(14 Posts)
Firsttimer0 Sat 17-May-14 22:17:34

....with a nearly 3 year old and a 5 month old, are there any good groups or clubs to help us settle in and get to know the area?

Voicesinmyear Sun 18-May-14 10:25:11

Not in that area sorry first. Is there anything in the What's on section?

CheshireEditor Sun 18-May-14 20:28:34

What a lovely area to move too! Tarporley and Tattenhall are very close and are often mentioned in the same breath, so I would look for things covering both areas. Some ideas here, not sure how up to date they are but worth a start.

www.tarporleytalk.com/

www.tarporley.net/main/attractions.htm

www.tarporley.org.uk/htdocs/organisations.htm

These are two very nice pubs to try:-

www.thepheasantinn.co.uk/

www.nagsheadhaughton.co.uk/

One of the best ice cream farms in Cheshire with indoor and outdoor play areas:-

www.cheshirefarmicecream.co.uk/how-to-find-us/

Plus this is 10 mns away with things for children, shopping and eating:-

www.blakemerevillage.com/

Please let me know if you find anywhere new or somewhere you would suggest. Any more questions, please let me know here, or email cheshire@mumsnetlocal.com

maddening Wed 28-May-14 18:57:47

Ice cream farm do a toddler morning in the play barn and I think toast etc is included

maddening Wed 28-May-14 19:05:10

Ps the pheasant as mentioned by Cheshire editor is fab - candle factory virtually next door and fab views and some routes along the sandstone trail right by it - you can pop to the candle factory, have a coffee - do a good walk - some easy routes for toddlers and then back to the pheasant for a nice supper and in the winter they have a lovely firesides to sit by. Tattenhall has an Indian, Thai, and a chip shop and a British restaurant round by rose corner and a couple of nice pubs. The park is lovely and if you are at the play area when the primary school lets out lots of mums stay and play with the dc. The primary school has it summer fete at the beginning of June with a worm charming contest and that's always nice.

maddening Wed 28-May-14 19:10:48

Ps Panama Hatties near beeston is a fab restaurant - have to book.

Côte brook shire horse centre is great and if you pay for the farm you can use the ticket as many times as you want for a month.

Chester zoo is worth having a membership for -under 3 is free so for about 150 quid you can have a family pass for a year and you get money off in the shops and restaurants too plus family days and days where you can get in other zoos around the country for free.

Lots of national trust sites round here so worth looking at that membership.

Voicesinmyear Thu 29-May-14 20:31:57

Agree with maddening. Know people who travel for miles for Panama Hatties and the Chester Zoo Annual ticket is great value if you have LOs.

Never been to the shire horse centre, will have to look that one up smile

CheshireEditor Sun 01-Jun-14 17:56:16

Oooh will check out Panama Hatties, never heard of it before!

maddening Tue 03-Jun-14 23:20:33

And in decametre Forrest there is forest school where you can do den building and bush crafts

Voicesinmyear Thu 05-Jun-14 16:29:42

maddening love "decametre" forest. Reminds me of when my DSister was little and she used to call desiccated coconut "decimated coconut" smile

maddening Thu 05-Jun-14 21:01:35

Haha my ipad is not from round here smile obvs meant delamere forest smile

maddening Thu 05-Jun-14 21:05:43

Pps there is the bolesworth show thingy on 13/14th June and cholmondley castle has it's pageant of power with fireworks orchestra the same weekend (with lots of pimms etc) if you're already up there they would be fun to go to and both within spitting distance of Tattenhall

Voicesinmyear Thu 05-Jun-14 22:06:32

maddening I am getting the impression that your life is one long part! with Pimms smile

maddening Fri 06-Jun-14 19:30:45

Haha I wish smile not going to cholmondley this year but it is lovely if you have the weather - people set up their own picnics to watch the brass bands in the day - they come with gazebos and tressel tables with loads of food and drink and there are Pimms tents too then the orchestra starts at tea time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now