Local Talk

Best primary schools in chester please?

(5 Posts)
Mummyjohnson86 Sun 03-Aug-14 11:37:37

Hi
We're moving to chester in the next couple of months and I need some advice as to which chester primary schools to look into for my two children? Any advice would be great, thanks in advance

CheshireEditor Mon 04-Aug-14 10:39:52

Hi and welcome to the Cheshire pages! I live in Knutsford so not too far from Chester. I can't give you any advice about the local schools, but I have tweeted out your post @mumsnetcheshire so hopefully someone will be along to offer advice! We also have a Facebook page 'Mumsnet Cheshire' where I have put your request.

I moved from London to Knutsford about 10 years ago and have not looked back, love it!

Mummyjohnson86 Wed 06-Aug-14 22:30:28

X

BossyEye Fri 08-Aug-14 07:52:03

Hi Mummy,
Are you looking for state or private? What are your criteria - where is your work commute to? Do you need to be close to the A55/M53?

I am from Chester, there are plenty of good primary schools. I am in Handbridge and we looked at Belgrave, Overleigh and Eccleston - I would be happy with any of these for my dc, but decided not to put Eccleston as you needed to fill in an additional form about your faith, and it is very small (I think 60 children in total).

Other friends have children at Farndon, Christleton, Boughton Heath, and their children are very happy.

Hollerback Tue 12-Aug-14 21:13:03

There are loads of great primaries in Chester, I would have sent my DC to any of our local ones: Mill View, Upton Heath, Newton, Bluecoat CofE, Hoole CofE.....

A word of warning if you are applying in-year, we had to wait 7 weeks before a Y1 place came up at any of the 5 above schools plus a 6th we chose (we weren't fussy!).

The silly system they use is to call up each school in your list one by one and only call the next one on the list once they have a yes or no. This is a bugger in school hols as there is no one at the school to respond!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now