Local Talk

Mummies with children 18months+

(3 Posts)
pennylane14 Wed 13-Aug-14 20:14:13

As a dance teacher in Cheshire I’m looking to do a bit of research.
I’m thinking of starting a new dance class for little ones 18 months to 3 years and their parents. As a ftm of a 4 month old the idea of getting us both ready and out of the house for a class before 10am would be a miracle right now, and all days merge into one, so calling on the advice of experienced mummies out there who also have children in this age group. What would be your ideal day of the week to attend classes? Are any times of the day more appealing? What would make you look twice at an advertisement for a dance class and what would make you really want to give it a go? Thank you in advance for your help.

Aydee Wed 13-Aug-14 20:30:47

Well most classes seem to be mid morning but i can rarely get out of the house with two little ones for morning classes. so it'd be refreshing to do something that was mid afternoon.

I have a 3yo and an 18mo who love dancing, it doesn't have to be structured, my two love just jiggling about 'throwing shapes' to music! We sometimes (if i can hold their attention for long enough!) do simple drama exercises like being a crocodile/robot/seed growing into a tree (snort) Maybe incorporate a bit of yoga or a meditative wind-down?

Whereabouts in Cheshire?

CheshireEditor Tue 19-Aug-14 16:56:19

I've just tweeted this out for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now