Another we're moving to Cheshire.......

(3 Posts)
Marleynme Tue 26-Apr-16 04:19:11

Morning all!

We've been living in Thailand for two years and have decided to come back to the UK, originally from surrey we've decided that we don't want to move back there. To expensive for starters and it's also lost its community spirit to what it was 20 years ago. Having made some great friends here from all corners of the world, the people we've met here and will be leaving behind saddens us the most, ok the weather too! A few people I've met here mentioned Cheshire and I've been researching it and the many towns and villages. We will be renting to start with and have set a budget of £600-£700 per month. What I really missed about the UK and where we used to live was taking the dogs out for long walks in the woods, I would love to be near to somewhere like this. My husband is a painter/decorator by trade and would either be looking at going self employed again or working for a firm. I would want to get into "care", we have a five year old daughter too. I'm currently looking at two/three areas.... Macclesfield/Bollington and Sandbach. Any information given will be warmly received. Thank you M

SeriousSteve Tue 26-Apr-16 04:29:31

I live near Sandbach, it's a lovely small town, good schools in the immediate area, low crime rates and ten minutes from blissful countryside.

Feel free to PM with any questions.

CheshireEditor Tue 26-Apr-16 09:38:01

Hello and welcome to the Cheshire pages! And of course I am going to say you have made the best decision! I'm in Knutsford, the normal bit not the mansion bit, and with Tatton Park on my doorstep for walks I am sorted. Macc/Bollington and Sandbach are all great for schools, dog walks and a good community. Knutsford is pricey on the rents (£850 2 bed terrace) and there is not a lot to choose from.

Please post any questions and we are all happy to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now