Advice on a potential new business in Cheshire

(6 Posts)
user1463138884 Fri 13-May-16 14:27:57

Hello all,

Looking for some advice please. Looking to start my own business in Cheshire... like a handy woman / odd jobs / concierge type business, offering the following (not an exhausted list):-

* cleaning
* house sitting
* doing shopping for people
* collecting deliveries
* painting
* organising repairs
* key holding service, etc. for Landlords
* dog walking
* party planning

Please can I have your thoughts on whether you think there is a gap in the market for this, would you use this service and how much would you expect to pay?

Any ideas/advice welcome.

Thanks in advance :-)

CheshireEditor Sun 15-May-16 10:28:35

Hi there and welcome to our pages!

What a great idea, funnily enough I used to be involved with a company when I lived in London - this one -

Personally I would not use this sort of service, as I don't have a need for it, not the ££ for a service like this. However, there are pockets of Cheshire that would be more of your target market. There are lots of house keeper style business that offer the sort of services you are talking about, so I would research those and look at offer and pricing.

Good luck and let us know if we can be of any further help,

Hi, I see a real gap in the market for elderly care locally.
I live just outside Chester and DH and I run a couple of unrelated businesses.

I would consider affiliating yourself to care agencys to offer an almost wrap round service for areas they can't or won't cover. Radfield for example are one of our local agencys.
HTH and good luck.

Voicesinmyear Sat 25-Jun-16 16:00:33

There are a couple of businesses around us that offer some of these services and market themselves strongly on the female aspect. I think some older people seem to trust women more.

mummyshambles123 Sat 02-Jul-16 09:12:52

I'm trying to decide on a nursery in Macclesfield for my baby. She will be nine months old and need 3 full days. So far I've narrowed it down to Scamps or Kids Allowed. Anyone have any experience of sending young babies to either?

mummyshambles123 Sat 02-Jul-16 09:13:24

Sorry wrong place!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now