Moving to Altrincham

(4 Posts)
ShriMum Sat 18-Jun-16 11:29:24

Hi All,
We are moving to Altrincham in mid of July and recently finalized a house in west Timperley. I have a son who will be going to Year 3 from March.

Looks like we will be getting Broadheath primary school as the address is in catchment area. Park road is 0.3 miles away but chances are very slim to get this school. I would really appreciate if you all can help and share some info about Broadheath primary school. I saw school ratings on different sites and was OK with it. But on the other hand came across some threads not recommending this school though they have been posted in 2012/13.

Thanks smile

Voicesinmyear Sun 19-Jun-16 20:32:15

Sorry, not much experience of Altrincham but hopefully someone will be along soon. Good luck with the move.

CheshireEditor Mon 20-Jun-16 20:37:02

Hello and welcome to the pages! I do have any on the ground knowledge to share with you, but I will tweet this out and put details on our Facebook page to see if anyone can help. Good luck with the move.

Cheshire Ed.

Altrincham and Timperley are not in Cheshire.
They are in south Manchester, in Trafford which is part of Greater Manchester. Boundaries were changed nearly 40 years ago although some people insist on referring to Alty as being in Cheshire.

You may get a better response on the Manchester local board.

Good luck with the move OP, depending where you're moving from this is a pleasant area to live. House prices in West Timperley are going through the roof at the moment mainly due to the school catchment area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now