Areas in Cheshire similar to Didbury?

(3 Posts)
hfluffy88 Mon 25-Jul-16 19:57:03

Hi guys,

Sorry another moving post. We are going through a life crisis at the moment and have decided to up sticks and move up north from Berkshire. We can't afford the half a million quid that it costs to buy a 3 bed semi in our home town so we're looking for somewhere to rent first and buy in the same area in a few years. We were originally looking in Manchester and Didsbury seems to check all our boxes but with a rent budget of £650-700 tops and a buying budget of less than £150,000 it seems a little expensive for us.

A few people had recommended Cheshire, but I have no idea where to start looking. I'm probably asking for a miracle but is there anywhere similar to Didsbury (or close to somewhere similar to Didsbury) within our budget?

Help! smile

Thanks in advance!

CheshireEditor Fri 29-Jul-16 16:13:37

I'm the Cheshire Editor and live in Knutsford, moved 15 years ago after 15 in London. In this area your normal 3 bed semi is about 250-300. Places like Timperley, Stockton Heath, Sale are worth a look too because they have good centres and decent house prices.

Captainj1 Sat 27-Aug-16 14:52:29

when I bought my first house I liked didsbury but it was outside of my price range - I bought in cheadle in the end. When I sold up there in 2009, my three bed terrace with back yard and on street parking sold for £165k. That was walking distance of the village. You would be able to get something cheaper a little further out of cheadle village, especially on the Stockport side. Good luck! Cheshire is relatively expensive, for the north...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now