Back to School ? Your tips for a smooth reentry

(4 Posts)
CheshireEditor Thu 25-Aug-16 21:53:10

So we are just a week or so away from starting back at school. What are your tips for getting back to the business of school? Share you wisdom her!

After so many late nights and later starts I find the first week back hard, thankfully mine start back on a Wednesday, so just half a week. By Friday they are pooped and the three days of school has generally put their body clock right again!

Voicesinmyear Sat 27-Aug-16 12:26:37

A few nights of going to bed at the right time helps a bit.

CheshireEditor Sat 27-Aug-16 12:37:59

I think it's tricky to start the early nights straight away, with a bit of back to school nerves kicking in, especially for my eldest who embarks on his GCSE's when he goes back. I supposed it depends on their age.

Having good food to hand too when they come back home helps, protein especially. Also not too much chat from the parents, even children need their space!

Voicesinmyear Sun 28-Aug-16 12:08:15

Yes, I think it does depend on age, my younger one is due to start Y5 and she will definitely need to go to bed a little earlier than she has been, if if she doesn't go to sleep straightaway. The older one is a bit better at regulating his own sleep patterns smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now