Village near chester

(14 Posts)
LovemyEvan Sun 28-Aug-16 03:52:47

Hi,
We are moving to Cheshire soon. I'm starting a new job in Chester and my husband works near Manchester airport. We are probably going to move nearer to Chester and my husband can commute to Manchester, if that commute doesn't go beyond an hour.
We live in Staffordshire currently, in lovely semi rural village, a lot if green space but with a few pubs, community centre and a small high street with a coffee shop, grocery shop, bakery and butchers. I love that were away from town but still gas done community and amenities there.
We've been looking for something similar near Chester. We are planning to rent initially then buy in the range of about 260-320k.
I feel a bit like goldilocks at the moment as I can't find a village that is just right. We saw a lovely village, Christleton, but it didn't seem to have any shops, then we saw Tarporley which had some lovely shops, but a bit less villagey than we'd want.
I did take quite a shine to Lymm, but maybe just a tad further from Chester, than I'd want.
Could anyone who knows the area be able yo suggest a few places for us to try please?

hellsbells99 Sun 28-Aug-16 10:35:53

Do you have children? Do you need to consider schools?
Christleton does have a small general store opposite the Ring of Bells pub.
I like Christleton although house prices are quite high as both the primary and secondary schools are good.
You could look at Tarvin.
Guilden Sutton has a small shop and a pub.
Waverton has a couple of shops and a post office.

caffelatte100 Sun 28-Aug-16 17:29:29

Lymm's really nice, I agree, and at least it's on the motorway. Think you might need more money than 320 K for a nice family home there though as it's daily overpriced for what it is.
People also like Stockton Heath, it's a bit cheaper I think.

Chummley Sun 28-Aug-16 17:49:03

Have a look at Malpas and also Tattenhall.

CheshireEditor Sun 28-Aug-16 22:23:47

Great advice for you here, I will tweet out and ask for you also - Cheshire Ed.

Icecreeem Mon 29-Aug-16 11:10:54

Frodsham and Helsby both perfect for your needs,,worth having a visit to check it out.

WillingtonWanderer Mon 29-Aug-16 13:26:24

Kelsall is nice and between your two work places. It is smaller than Tarporley but feeds into Tarporley high school unlike Tarvin.

hellsbells99 Mon 29-Aug-16 17:18:50

Frodsham is very nice but may be bigger than you want.
Kelsall is lovely too.
I think Tarvin feeds into Christleton High or may have the option of there or Tarporley - you would need to double check (if it is relevant to you).

hellsbells99 Mon 29-Aug-16 17:28:06

Actually ignore me, Tarvin is in catchment for Tarporley High.

LovemyEvan Mon 29-Aug-16 21:29:09

Hi,
Thanks for all the information.
I've been making a list! Me, the husband and our toddler will be taking a look at these places next weekend.
Thanks again x

CheshireKittyKat Mon 29-Aug-16 23:23:16

Whilst not a village - Hoole & Newton (in Chester) is a lovely area to live, with great shops and a nice community feel. It's also close to the train station if your husband wants to commute.

hellsbells99 Mon 29-Aug-16 23:28:39

Hoole is great CheshireKittykat - with some nice little wine bars!

CheshireKittyKat Mon 29-Aug-16 23:33:26

I agree hellsbells99. Plus some lovely pubs and shops.

hellsbells99 Mon 29-Aug-16 23:51:48

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now