Could not find Primary school space for my child

(5 Posts)
sha18 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:13:31

I had moved to here and got my son registered with local authority for primary school admission, but it seems the Hale, Altrincham is highly populated , my child still in waiting list nothing available for him in state school as well as prep school. What i have to do now??

CheshireEditor Thu 15-Sep-16 22:55:40

Sorry to hear this.

What have the local authority (is it Trafford?) said to you? When is he/was he due to start? Have you applied via the normal system for a state school? Not sure what you mean by registered as there is a process you have to go thorugh? My understanding is that the LEA legally have to find you a place, even if this means at a school out of catchment/area. How old and what year?

Hopefully we can provide you with some more details with a bit more info from you.

sha18 Thu 15-Sep-16 23:42:52

Thanks for reply.. registered mean apply admission via Trafford council website and got refusal from schools, then put appeal but its been two weeks, school has been started and i do not have any space for my child in year 4, nor any hope when he will start this term. sad

CheshireEditor Sun 18-Sep-16 09:30:29

What to do Trafford Council say they are going to do?

sha18 Sun 18-Sep-16 10:03:50

Wait till when i don't...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now