Local Talk

Toddlers Inn Nursery in St Johns Wood.

(6 Posts)
Norange Thu 31-May-12 23:15:24

Do you knows? Know someone who attends? Recomends? No? Other suggestion in the area?

I really, really need some advice.

Thank you smile.

EverybodysSleepyEyed Thu 07-Jun-12 22:23:53

Bump

considering for my DD so would also be interested

MummyCares Sat 03-Nov-12 09:22:32

Same here !

but did anyone consider a Bright horizon one ?

Thank you

SleepyEyed Tue 13-Nov-12 21:52:24

My DS went to BH - was ok

DD is at Toddlers and loves it. I wish I had sent DS there now!

disty72 Fri 05-Apr-13 21:31:34

We took our DD out last year. The owner let unchecked people into the nursery without letting me know and was absent from the school during school hours very often (staff/kids ratio??). Staff look constantly annoyed and we think transferred to the kids. Have recently checked the failed ofsted report which we should have done a lot earlier especially the part about child safety. Didn’t like the way that the teacher was analysing DD’s behavior after raising concerns to her, not sure if she was qualified or made things up. Although DD looked happy, we were very worried when DD started crying too much and developed oversensitivity to people speaking to her. Completely disorganised business, would not recommend.

It really is up to you but you should check out the premises and talk to other parents before deciding.

ToddlersInnNurserySchool Tue 26-Jan-16 15:55:05

disty72:
Thank you for your comments and we would like to address those if we could:
The owner let unchecked people into the nursery without letting me know: We have a security system so nobody can enter or exit without our knowledge. We also have a security gate and camera system for added protection and safety. Our sign in book is closely monitored for entry and exit notes

The owner.....was absent from the school during school hours very often (staff/kids ratio??): The owner is not included in the staff/child ratio, each child is allocated to a key teacher and group and children's sessions are organised to meet ratios requirements

Staff look constantly annoyed and we think transferred to the kids: We are sorry that you felt this way. I can assure you that all the staff at Toddlers Inn care about the education and well being of the children in their care and they love their jobs.

Have recently checked the failed ofsted report which we should have done a lot earlier especially the part about child safety: As you post on MN is from 2013, apologies for the delay in our reply, we are not sure of which ofsted report you are referring to? Please see the link to our website page which features the 2011 and, most recent, 2015 reports. As I'm sure you know, the ofsted inspections are carried out every 4 years for inspecting educational facilities. We are concerned that you feel this would reflect on child safety as this is one of our highest priorities.

www.toddlersinn.co.uk/ofsted

Didn’t like the way that the teacher was analysing DD’s behavior after raising concerns to her, not sure if she was qualified or made things up: We are not in a position to comment on this individual childs behaviour, we also do not know the identity of OP. However we can assure you that all of our staff partake in regular training, and all new employees are fully qualified for their positions.

Although DD looked happy, we were very worried when DD started crying too much and developed oversensitivity to people speaking to her: We are not in a position to comment on this individual childs behaviour, we also do not know the identity of OP.

We would encourage any parent to contact the team at Toddlers Inn if you wish to see the settings and discuss how we can help develop your childs early education

Thank you for your attention to this reply

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now