Local Talk

Travelling abroad with toddlers - Survival tips?

(3 Posts)
Zzzzzzz Mon 01-Jun-09 21:54:27

Thinking about booking next years holiday abroad. Worried that it is a really bad idea with 2 DDs who will be 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 next summer. Any tips for stress free (or at least reduced stress) travel on planes etc.? We just had a week in Castlerock - our first family holiday and I've learned alot from that!! So would appreciate any advice!

PlumBumMum Mon 08-Jun-09 20:09:46

My top tip is 2 cheap buggies, feed them at 6ish, and then go for awalk and let them sleep while you and dh have dinner

The plane, a wee backpack each with grapes and strawberries, sweets & crisps, few books and crayons!

They'll have their own seats so thats half the battle, where are you thinking of going?

Zzzzzzz Mon 08-Jun-09 22:32:44

Want to go to Lake Constance in Germany, went there before we had kids. Found direct flights to Munich which I thought would help. DH now talking about doing stuff to the house instead of a holiday - so keeping an eye out for cheap flights in the hope we can do both!! Thanks for the tips

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now