Local Talk

And can anyone recommend a curtain maker or seamstress?

(9 Posts)
paarrp Tue 25-Jan-11 13:27:17

Have found some fabric that I love but the shop will be charging £'s to make them into curtains so thought I would see if I could find an independent curtain maker to see if it would be cheaper!

Thank you

Do it yourself - I have made most of my curtains and cushions for my house is super easy - you would be better paying for lessons and then you have a new skill.

Or look on ebay, lots of people do it really reasonably.

drivingmissdaisy Wed 26-Jan-11 21:28:33

I can recommend "Curtain Call" in Tiptree, Natalie Dalton has made all the curtains and roman blinds in my house and her attention to detail is wonderful. Her prices are very reasonable too. Don't have her number right now but think it is in the yellow pages.

paarrp Wed 26-Jan-11 21:51:51

Thank you

I did think about making them myself but the fabric is pretty pricey as it is so would really kick myself if I mucked it up.

Will have a look in the yellow pages for Natalie Dalton - does she stock a range of fabrics? The one I'm after is a lovely velvet/linen Linwood fabric.

paarrp Wed 26-Jan-11 22:00:25

I do like the idea of lessons though - wonder if anywhere in colchester does them?

drivingmissdaisy Thu 27-Jan-11 14:47:33

Hi Paarp, she does stock a small range (not sure if that includes Linwood) but mostly people supply their own fabric and she will make the curtains/blinds. I have always picked and given her my own fabric. She'll also come to your house to measure up and give a quote as well.

drivingmissdaisy Thu 27-Jan-11 14:50:37

Ps. Forgot to say that I know a local dressmaker, Marian Pooran, based in Feering was talking about giving sewing lessons. (01376571201)

sbegum Mon 06-Feb-12 13:49:49

Hi Paarp,

I'm not sure if your still looking for a seamstress. My mother is a freelance seamstress however in Cambridge. She has over 20yrs experience in the business.

Please get in touch if you are interested :-) Thank you.

teddingham Mon 21-Jan-13 16:27:18

Hi Paarp,

www.ChooseCurtains.com offer seamstress services including made to measure curtains. They are not in Colchester they are based in Brinscall, Lancashire but they will deliver anywhere in the UK. Their service is A*!

Have used them multiple times!

Theodore

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now