Local Talk

Wedding hair/makeup

(9 Posts)
lucyfer2000 Sat 29-Jan-11 21:21:17

Hiya!
bit of a long shot really but does anyone have any idea or recommendations of mobile hairdressers or makeup people that would travel to Castle Hedingham to wedding hair etc?

I seem to keep searching and searching and can't find anyone local or anyone that does it for less than a small fortune!! its amazing that it seems to cost at least 75 quid just to get your barnet done on the big day and then there is bridesmaids and travel costs on top! Is just me or does this seem really pricey stuff!!

I dont' want fancy hair on my big day but don't want to do it myself either because i will end up with it in pony tail like i do most days!!

Also have no idea from looking if any of these people are going to be good or not...

any ideas or recommendations would be gratefully received!

paarrp Mon 31-Jan-11 22:22:21

how about finding a local hairdresser in one of the hedinghams - I drove through sible hedingham the other day and spotted a couple of hairdressers - they'll be more local so won't have such high mileage. Or have it done at a salon in colchester - I had mine done at the hairdressers at the bottom of mile end road and it lasted the whole day including driving to the venue/getting changed etc.

re: makeup - I did my own for my wedding day and thought I looked like me - my recommendation would be to book a consultation at a bobbi brown counter (think nearest is either london or john lewis in cambridge. their make up is very natural looking and long lasting.

congrats on the wedding btw

(are you still yoga-ing? have namechanged several times!)

CalamityKate Tue 01-Feb-11 10:38:16

My friend had a makeover at the Mac bit in Williams and Griffin, and the girl who did it came and did her makeup on the day. Worth going in and asking.

lucyfer2000 Fri 04-Feb-11 12:10:44

Thanks guys - some good ideas. got hair sorted now at much more reasonable price! just makeup to go. need help definitely too haggard and pasty from the long winter to risk it myself!

Paarrp - no unfortunately DP never makes it home in time to allow me to go yoga anymore!! boo!

paarrp Fri 04-Feb-11 20:23:06

Boo indeed! dh is also mostly at work so I haven't been for years but am determined to try and make atleast two sessions a month.

I'd definitely recommend going to have a look at Laura Mercier products - they sell them in W&G's now - they are similar to Bobbi Brown in that they have a 'natural look' approach.

if you're feeling a bit pasty then try using a facial scrub three times a week - this will soon get rid of the winter dullness.

When is the Big Day?

purpleflower123 Fri 04-Feb-11 20:28:43

Congratulations lucyfer, when's the big day?

I'm getting married in 4 weeks {eeek} and my mobile hairdresser is doing my hair and make up for me.

My other option was to go to debenhams or w&g, get a make over and treat myself to a few new bits and do it myself on the day.

lucyfer2000 Thu 17-Feb-11 20:10:42

Big day is next Friday!!
Congratulations to you too Purpleflower!! That is really fantastic news - now i know why you at the gym!!
Hope to see you there again soon xx

Newimagehairbeautysalon Mon 23-Apr-12 10:04:49

New image hair and beauty in Colchester does wedding hair and make up, prom hair and make up, all at low cost compared to some in Colchester town. We all stive to do our best. For more info look on www.colchesterbeauty.co.uk or www.newimagehairbeautysalon.com. We are also on Facebook as new image hair and beauty salon or you can add me in the group of charlottes mobile beauty xxx

jimmyjjohn Thu 23-May-13 08:04:51

Hi Everyone,

I am desperately searching for a hair and make up artist for my wedding. Has anyone used S.A.S.S.Y Hair and Make Up before? Would you recommend them?

I have tried searching on previous posts for make up artists for Asians. Unfortunately both Lisa Carter and Kate Fletcher are not available on my day.

At the rate I am going, I will have to change my wedding date!! First my dream photographer was not available. Now this!

Thanks.
www.thehaircarespot.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now