Local Talk

MOVING TO COGGESHALL

(6 Posts)
friendlymummy Thu 01-Mar-12 22:12:29

Hi ladies,

We've just had our offer on a house near Coggeshall accepted and I was hoping for some advice...
We're in the catchment for Stisted Church of England and St Peter's, and I wondered if anyone has experience with either and what you think of them. I've read the Ofsteds and am due to visit but would appreciate some local insider knowledge. And can anyone recommend a decent pre-school?
I'm excited about moving to a new home in a lovely location but feel a wee bit anxious as I'm used to a busy life in London. Please tell me the local mums are friendly.... smile
I've got a boy of almost four and a two-year-old girl.

friendlymummy Mon 05-Mar-12 07:35:27

Hi again,

I've just realised that our house is not actually in the catchment for Stisted so that's totally irrelevant! But on a separate note, I'm told we would now be considered a "late admission" for St Peter's, so even though it's our catchment school there's no guarantee of a place and my son could possibly end up elsewhere. As I'm new to the area, can anyone offer advice on primary schools best to avoid?

Cheers

eob Thu 15-Mar-12 14:08:31

Hiya,

I have no infomation on schools in the area as we only moved to the area at the end of Dec. St Peters were very good when we went to visit them about our little girl who would transfer mid year, although they had no place for her, they helped us through the process as we got her a place!! I also have a 4 year old who will be starting reception in Sept and we applied online but the council came back to us to confirm address recently so we're hoping she'll get a place in the school!!! It does seem a great school, my daughter loves it now, although they're were a lot of tears at the start. I also have a 2 year old boy and there is a lot to do with the kids in the area, playgroups etc, which i plan to start going to all of them as we've finally settled in the house and weather has picked up a bit.
I hope the school situation works out for you as i know how stressful it can be!! When are you moving??

BeenLivingAbroad Tue 20-Mar-12 20:34:58

Hello

I moved to Coggeshall end of Nov. I have a son who will be 4 in May so starting in Reception in September. We have put down St Peters as first choice and St Mary's as second. We looked round both schools and liked them both. He started at Absolute Angels in January and he has really settled and really enjoys it.

I also have an 18 month old girl. I take her to the toddler group on a Monday morning in the village hall and the last couple of weeks I've taken her to the village library for the story and song session on a Thursday morning. There's a few other things going on in the village and surrounding villages which I've yet to explore!

Let me know if you want to meet up when you move.

friendlymummy Sun 01-Apr-12 20:42:57

Hi ladies,

Thanks for your replies. I'm a bit gutted as our house move has fallen through but we're hopeful of finding something else quickly as we love the area so fingers crossed.
BeenLivingAbroad, I'd love to meet up as and when we do move - I'll keep you posted!!

BeenLivingAbroad Mon 09-Apr-12 22:05:43

Sorry to hear about your house. Hope you find something soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now