Local Talk

Firstsite art sessions for babies/toddlers

(3 Posts)
bubblensqueak Tue 13-Mar-12 23:39:23

Hi

I've been going to the new Firstsite baby/toddler art group on a Tuesday morning for a few sessions now, and my 15-month DS absolutely loves it. The girl who runs it sets it up as a theme each week (the sky, garden picnic, space) and sets up four or five little creative activities for the little ones to move around over 45 minutes. We've had painting with icing sugar, mucking around with uncooked rice and cups and pots, making paper flowers, finger painting, making space creatures with play-doh, and lots of sensory things too. You can make a mess and then leave them to tidy it all up (as they encourage!).

It's such a lovely session, and I'm posting here because I think maybe no-one knows about it, I am in no way affiliated with it. There is space for 15 babies in the group for under twos, and there's only 3 of us on it! I think there's a few more in the later group for two to five year olds. They always make sure there's something for the different ages (sensory stuff for babies, mucky stuff for toddlers).

The course is for five sessions and starts again in April. It's £3 a session. Here's the info

http://www.firstsite.uk.net/page/event-a

StellaNova Fri 16-Mar-12 12:03:37

That sounds lovely. I haven't been going because I have a one year old and a four year old so I kind of fell between the two, and also there is another group I go to on a Tuesday morning, but the one year old turns two next month so I might come to the later group.

I think people assume that kind of thing will be packed out, so don't go. We have been to a few of the one-offs like the Dip Dap man!

StellaNova Fri 16-Mar-12 12:05:21

Also, I do tend to avoid things where you pay for a course as with my kids there is bound to be at least two sessions we can't do because one of them is throwing up/ has ear infection/ too snotty to expose to other children etc! Maybe if they made it more of a drop in it would be more attended? (I know you don't run it, more of a general comment!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now