Local Talk

New to Colchester!

(14 Posts)
NatandMax Thu 12-Jul-12 13:11:44

Hello all, I'm relatively new to Colchester, I was living in Mexico and London before I moved to Colchester so I don't really know anyone here! I'm 28 and I have a 7 month little boy and I'm actually living on Mersea Island at the moment which, if I'm honest I'm not enjoying at all. I am hoping to move closer to town within the next month or so. I'd love to meet some other mums!

Hopefully meet some of you soon!

Natalie

dozensofpichu Thu 12-Jul-12 15:01:08

Hi, natandmax. Do you go to any of the groups that are run on mersea island? They would be a good way to meet new mums and babies!

NatandMax Thu 12-Jul-12 19:51:40

Hi dozensofpichu, I have been to a few of the groups but I feel quite uncomfortable there, people seem to know each other and have already established their own little groups. I'll be moving soon and I thought I'd have more luck in Colchester.

Mama1980 Thu 12-Jul-12 19:54:17

Hi I live near Colchester have a 4 year old son, who I am home educating. I used to live abroad, Paris and Israel, and so get how hard it is to start again really. Let me know if u fancy meeting for coffee? smile

lexluther Fri 13-Jul-12 20:55:12

Do you know which area you're likely to move to? There's a baby group at my local children's centre which has been great for meeting people, I would hope there would be similar groups at the other centres. If west Colchester isn't too much of a schlep come along to the one I go to (can PM you the details to avoid outing myself too much) smile

fluffacloud Sun 15-Jul-12 22:39:37

Why do I feel like I'm writing a personals add?

Here goes then:

32 year old mummy of 2 (2.5y and 3 m) with GSOH seeks fellow mummy friends in Colchester for coffee, chats and playdates.

grin

Allice Mon 16-Jul-12 16:22:20

I find Mersea a bit like that, lots of people have lived there for many many years and everyone knows each other. I live fairly close by and pop over there fairly often, when my children were small I really liked the library singing group which I think runs every friday although maybe not during the holidays. When your little one is older, if you stay the Smart Art shop beside the Art Cafe is great, I know the owner and she's lovely.
Good luck!

hello
I'm a mum of 1 little girl of 2yr2months, would love to meet some fellow mum friends for chats and swap stories.
Not long moved to Colchester, so finding hard to meet mums and make new friends.
Any good local clubs to new town colchester?

NatandMax Thu 09-Aug-12 22:58:14

Hello! I have finally moved off the Island and am now living in Colchester town! I'm still in the process of sorting our flat out but would very much love to meet up for coffee, walks, playgroups etc! Mama1980, I'd love to meet for a coffee! Same goes for the rest of you ladies!! grin

NatandMax Thu 09-Aug-12 22:59:02

Hello! I have finally moved off the Island and am now living in Colchester town! I'm still in the process of sorting our flat out but would very much love to meet up for coffee, walks, playgroups etc! Mama1980, I'd love to meet for a coffee! Same goes for the rest of you ladies!! grin

krisi Sat 11-Aug-12 21:02:03

Hiya, I feel the same with baby groups I find that they are a bit older then me have their big houses and such, they were talking about when they went to their houses and I wasnt invited! I am 23 Live with my sis in law and my OH with My baby boy Cian. so appealing haha! -x-

sarahrc6 Tue 21-Aug-12 18:46:29

Help been living in Colchester for 4.5 months and I need some adult conversation . I have a 22 month old full of beans and we would love to meet up for coffee/wine. soon.

LeChatteRouge Fri 24-Aug-12 13:14:27

Mine are 10 8 and 1. When the older ones are at school it's just me and the baby. And would love some time out. I am up for a meet up. If anyone fancys it.

Tanny1981 Thu 04-Jul-13 14:21:50

Hi I'm a mum new to colchester children are 12 .9 and bump due September ! Love to meet up for coffee xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now