Local Talk

Next meet up-it seems like a Thursday is best.

(85 Posts)
Mung Sat 12-Apr-08 19:57:21

Hi Ladies,

After the fun Thursday night without children, how about a Thursday with children?

We could take a walk in Highwoods Country park if the weather is good or go to Adventureland if the weather is bad.

Hopefully we will have some new faces join us too...

How about 17th or 24th?

H
x

Saz126 Sat 12-Apr-08 21:12:19

Hi Mung,

Sounds good, I think I can make either date.

Highwoods is the country park right by Colchester Hospital?

saz xxx

sophierosie Sat 12-Apr-08 22:23:47

Hiya

I can make the 17th in the morning - I have to work on the 24th - boo!

Would be great to see you all soon!

17th is good for us too, morning is fine as the kids tend to be less grumpy before lunch! 24th would be possible but I have a hospital appointment at 9 (would be nearby at least!) and don't know how long that's going to take...

Saz, yes, the car park is off Turner Road just before the hospital.

Hope to see you all soon

SP xx

Mung Mon 14-Apr-08 20:22:17

OK. Thursday 17th it is.

Any suggestions for a meeting place? Where is the car park for the Country Park, is it on Turner Road?

I hope its nothing serious SP.

lucyfer2000 Mon 14-Apr-08 20:27:18

Hi everyone,

Me and my two monsters are around on Thursday (thanks mung!) and would love to meet up for a walk in the woods.

The weather looks like it is going to be fine and dry on Thursday. Of course any mention of Adventureland always gets a massive cheer as well!

sophierosie Mon 14-Apr-08 20:34:04

Great - see you on the 17th. Car park is on turner road - there is a sign pointing you in the right direction! Its just opposite the new hospital building.

Saz - I can meet you at the station and we can walk up together if you want as I'm only round the corner.

How about meeting at 10.30am at the visitors centre which is in the car park?

Twinkie - are you up and about now?

sophierosie Mon 14-Apr-08 20:49:51

Talking about walks - on saturday dd and I went to Hillhouse Woods and the bluebells are just starting to come out so should be spectacular in the next few weeks if anyone fancies a trek up there - its quite hilly and you definitey need a buggy as the woods are down a long track, but lovely to walk around - they also have loads of wild garlic growing at the moment.

Cool, see you all on Thursday then.

Nothing dramatic at the hospital mung, just having a scan to check that my c-section scar still hurting is merely annoying as the doc believes rather than anything more sinister...

Expecting to have to hang around for ages so they can tell me (in 6 weeks time, no doubt) that it's scar tissue and I'm just going to have to put up with it!

Hillhouse wood sounds really nice, Sophierosie - will be checking it out!

Mung Tue 15-Apr-08 08:47:00

Saz...just a thought. I need to drop DS at pre school in Marks Tey at 9.30. I could come and pick you up afterwards and then drop you back home before picking him up at 12.30. Email me your address if you want me to do that.

Saz126 Tue 15-Apr-08 09:06:23

Hi all, Unfortunately we won't be able to make it now as DH has decided to take day off - he has dentist appointment in the afternoon but will want to see DS in the morning. Thanks Mung for offer of lift. Definitely up for next meet up! See you all soon.

Mung Tue 15-Apr-08 15:14:26

Thats a shame...will see you soon though
Have a lovely day all together

lucyfer2000 Tue 15-Apr-08 20:33:46

Hi, really looking forward to Thursday, bit nervous too - never met anyone from internet chat before!!

Mung Tue 15-Apr-08 21:00:05

I know that feeling...don't worry, we are all very friendly smile.

sophierosie Tue 15-Apr-08 21:18:40

Yes - all very friendly - I was terrified meeting everyone for the first time, but relieved to find out that everyone was very nice indeed!

Just so you know who to look out for on Thursday I have a red pushchair and a 3 yo dd!

Saz126 Tue 15-Apr-08 21:23:11

Everyone is very friendly, I agree! Well other than me, I am slightly strange. (I have had a G&T tonight and slightly tipsy oops!) Lucyfer2000 you should def go along! xx

Twinkie1 Wed 16-Apr-08 08:45:02

Oh dear guys - am fine but can't come - the mammoth climbing frame is coming on Thursday and they can't give me a time so I wil have to miss out on this one but will come to the next thursday meet or if it nice you guys can come and try out my new adventureland in the garden!

Definitely looking forward to trying the climbing frame Twinkie ... not sure what the kids are going to do though ... wink

Twinkie1 Wed 16-Apr-08 16:07:34

Lucifer - they are awful people don't go you will end up being stalked and brainwashed! wink

You guys can come to me if you are about next Thursday - Mung if you want to come you have to brig carpet cleaner though! grin

Climbing Frame may be up by then!

Twinkie1 Wed 16-Apr-08 16:11:06

Saz????

Mung Wed 16-Apr-08 16:26:34

might take you up on the offer of a visit next Thursday morning Twinkie. DD is loving climbing at the moment, so she will lvoe the garden. DS will be at pre school, so the carpet will be safe smile

Mung Wed 16-Apr-08 16:27:50

I have a blue pushchair and DD is one.

Looking forward to meeting you Lucyfer... just so you know I've got a red phil and teds double buggy.

I'll be at the hosp next Thursday Twinkie - but would love come over if they're quick! What time were you thinking?

See whoevers coming tomorrow in the morning!

SP xx

Twinkie1 Wed 16-Apr-08 17:23:32

Whatever time suits you I will be in all day.

Lets hope DH gets the climbing frame up this Sunday - I have roped in friend's engineer husband to give hi a hand on account of me not being able to lift anything heavier than a teapot!

Perhaps we'd better swap some phone numbers Twinkie

If you email me on SP4369@googlemail.com I'll pick that up and will get back to you.

See you next week, hopefully ... SP xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now