Fave things to do on a rainy day - Colchester

(7 Posts)
Kiwibaby123 Tue 26-Apr-16 14:18:44

Hi, we have just moved to the Colchester area after having our children in New Zealand. What does everyone like to do on one of those cold and rainy days, when you need to get out of the house and have a change of secenery? Does anyone know of any Cafes with a play area?
Thank you! :-)

Indiaplain Sun 15-May-16 07:23:38

Hi welcome to Colchester! I think its a great place for kids. For a free rainy day out first site art gallery is fab, usually free art activities or v cheap films showing.
There are 2 v small museums which are also free, hollytrees And the natural history museum in town.
A zoo gold card allows free admission for year and well worth it. Loads to do at the zoo on rainy days.
If your children are very young cafe sala in town has a small play area.
Also the castle is worth a visit..

Indiaplain Sun 15-May-16 07:45:54

Just thought of one more, wyevale garden centre in stanway has a cafe with a small soft play area

Kiwibaby123 Mon 16-May-16 13:26:47

Thank you, we will definitely check out the art gallery, my girls are 3yrs and 14months so it sounds good for them. It's great to have ideas for my list of things to do! :-)

LauraChant Wed 18-May-16 12:59:35

There are also three soft plays - not so much cafes with a play area as play areas with a cafe. Jungle Adventure is the nicest (IMO), there is also Go Bananas which has a fenced off area for the little ones and Childsplay
The zoo also has a soft play.

indieskreet Sun 22-May-16 13:18:31

The best advice I can give you is get under your duvet and watch the telly!

Rain coat on, & feed the ducks & geese at Lexden park, then a walk up through the woods. There is a parking area in the field, or park on Church Lane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now