Local Talk

Moving to Cornwall

(4 Posts)
charimito Wed 21-Aug-13 12:55:01

Hello everyone!

We're thinking about moving to Cornwall next spring/summer (DH got a job offered in Falmouth). Which areas would you recommend us to live in?

We only have one lovely girl who's almost 3, so we'd like areas with good primary schools. He's happy to drive to work so anything within a 45 min drive from Falmouth is ok.

I'd say we have a budget of no more than 220k for a house.

Thanks!

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sat 24-Aug-13 09:01:02

Nice villages around Falmouth. Stithians, Ponsanooth, Constantine have nice communities and good schools. Falmouth itself is great but you will be limited at what you can get for 220k.

thekitchenfairy Sun 25-Aug-13 09:18:14

You would be limited as OP says with what you could get in falmouth, the villages around are lovely communities with good schools especially Ponsanooth and Stithians but looking to secondary school (and it comes round quickly!) you may want to be in a Truro catchment. There are houses in your budget around, but again you may want to be slightly further out, think threemilestone, shortlanesend both have good schools.

I commute a couple of times a week Truro to falmouth, lots of us do and it's a doddle, on the train or driving as you go against the traffic.

Good luck! PM me if you have any more questions. We made the move back, I grew up in Launceston, about 8 years go, my son was 3 and after a few hiccups there is no going back. Truro is the most fab place to raise toddlers and children and I have met the most amazing bunch of mums along the way.

charimito Tue 27-Aug-13 11:29:14

Thanks for your replies, we'll be going down to Cornwall to check those areas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now