Local Talk

Setting a date forTruro-Falmouth meet up

(9 Posts)
thekitchenfairy Mon 14-Oct-13 07:08:55

Posting here as well as in meet ups as there may be some more traffic...

Day times seemed better for a first meet up, so now there are quite a few of us l think we should get cracking before we all get busy with Xmas plans and coffee places are overtaken with stressed out shoppers!

How does Thursday 17 oct at Truro Arts Cafe sound for a meet up? 10.30 am? Too soon... Then let's get talking and set a date for after half term.

the upstairs space can be reserved and if there are a few of us I may be able to secure a lovely MN discount!

If you don't know it this is a great cosy place, lovely coffee, scones and cakes are excellent and it is very child friendly.

Antidote Sun 27-Oct-13 22:55:37

Count me in if it's not Monday or Friday. DD is still small enough to be very portable.

LocalEditorCornwall Mon 28-Oct-13 09:44:58

Hey Antidote where are you? I may have a few suggestions!

I remember maternity leave being a bit of an odd time with DS1, by the time I got into it, it was time to start work again!

I am sorry there is not more info on Local yet for you guys with new tiny ones, with Halloween, Half term and Christmas that is taking up a lot of my resources but please give me the heads up if you find anything fab!

How old is your little one?

I enjoyed Toddlins, music / story sessions at Truro Library and the Pottery Playgroup on Chapel Hill is welcoming and a lovely bunch of mums.

Antidote Tue 29-Oct-13 06:03:58

I'm in Saltash, so truro is a bit of a hike but would be worth it for a meet up.

DD is 8 weeks, but I've got DS who is 3 as well.

Any pointers for more things in this area are welcome.

LocalEditorCornwall Tue 29-Oct-13 08:18:05

OK Antidote that is a little off my path but I have a couple of suggestions if you have transport?

The train ride from Plymouth to Gunnislake on the branch line is fantastic, only takes 40 minutes and there is lots to see on the line inc some great steam engines at Bere Alston. The connection is pretty good from Plymouth if you want to take the train in from home.

Get off at Calstock and walk down the hill, there is a fab pirate ship play area, well sheltered and perfect entertainment for eldest and a fab place to scooter.

Calstock is a vibrant community, lots going on at the village hall, baby massage, play groups etc.

For days out, the Aquarium in Plymouth is expensive but ticket good for a year so a bargain at this time of year as you only have to pay for entry for yourself.

Take the train to Bodmin, great woodland walks through Respryn woods.

Oh and the Donkey Santuary is ace, at St Annes Chapel. Don't eat there as the food is greasy and overpriced but its a good day out when the weather is a bit better.

I will have a look around and see what else I can find locally to you, but maybe start a thread asking for breastfeeding support groups, playgroups etc. I know your local library too and that is a good source of free activities, story time and such.

Are you new to the area? Just realised I may have given you places that you have no idea where they are!

Antidote Tue 29-Oct-13 16:12:31

The suggestion about Calstock it's fantastic, thank you. I might suggest that this weekend.

We have aquarium tickets, and I'm getting in touch with the local breast feeding group.

thekitchenfairy Fri 01-Nov-13 17:10:43

Yup, Calstock truly is fab! And the pub is family friendly, not the cheapest but iirc does good food.

It looks like a meet-up is scheduled for next week, but no-one is replying to the thread? What do you think?

Antidote Wed 06-Nov-13 11:20:38

Looks like it's you and me again! I hadn't realised there was a meet up today. Where is it?

Thebeachismyhappyplace Thu 21-Nov-13 14:54:06

Is there going to be one before Christmas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now